+ Reply to Thread
    PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

two way paging using phone

I started some of this message in the 7135 as a pager thread but i became more impressed with this site and its functions i decided to start a new thread because i think this will benefit several members of this site and even the users of this site.

www.upoc.com is a message site and it delivers to you phone via sms. You go there and sign up, you can get your friends, family, employees etc to sign up also. From there you can make groups, buddy lists, etc. You can then have messages sent to them all, 1, 2 3 or what ever you choose, you can make yourself away or available. You have many options.

I have made a group for kyocera 7135 users at this link for the group
    http://www.upoc.com/category.jsp?pag...ategory=phones

If this is something that we can use a benefit to this site, maybe for major annoucements, late breaking news, or something that would benefit us all at the same time, I would gladly give up the control of this group to the board admins, which ever of them wants it. I just didnt want to loose the name.

Anyway with that said, I was able to create my account, create the group, send a message from my phone using wap browser(still havent been able to get EIS to work), receive the message, and reply to the message. All of these worked perfect.

I was also able to send from the computer to the group list and it worked perfect too.

I think this has huge potential for just about anyone that needs to communicate with several people at once.

Hope you all find it as interesting as I have.

(one thing i might want to mention, i have sms service with alltel and i am able to send sms as well as receive them. So i need someone who does not have, or pay for the sending service to see if they can reply to the sent messages?) On alltel this is called digital advisor.

If you will join the upoc group and add yourself ill try sending you a message and then you can reply and see what happens....or your can send yourself a message i think and see if you cna reply.

Thanks
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

Nice, this is what I get from the 7135 group there:

Sorry, too young!

You must be 18 years or older to access this adult material. Please try back when you're old enough. In the meantime, enjoy other mobile messaging groups about topics we can all get into.

lol me too- I think you need to sign up as a member first to make it go away.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Correct you need to sign up as a member and then your birthday will rid you of that message, ofcourse unless your under 18

hahaha
    GREG HARKINS
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

How do these people make their money? I read the privacy statement and they imply that they will not sell or inadvertently give out my pager/cell phone but they will provide it to a link. Is this how they generate revenue?

profit

I have no idea how they make money i would guess the advertisments on the site.

I joined up with 3 groups and i got my cell notifications just like clockwork. Its worked pretty good for me.

I think i will put all of my delivery drivers on it so i can email them about different things as a group or give them instructions instead of having to call them all the time.
    GREG HARKINS
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

One day when you see those ads popping up as messages you'll know how they make their money.