+ Reply to Thread

Putting the 7135 into silent mode for a set period of time

I've been using a Nokia 6340i before I got my 7135. It had a feature that allowed you to put all alerts in silent mode for a set period of time. I get a lot of sports scores on my phone and I would like to be able to silence it when I go to bed. I know how to do it the regular way, but, is there a way to make it go back into normal mode after a preset period of silence?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

To answer your question, I'm unaware of any way to do this on the 7135. But many information text providers (like MSN Mobile) allow you to mute the messages for whatever times you like.

I used to have a program for my palm that would let you specify when the sound was active-- I cant remember what it was called though, "silence" i think. Who knows if it will work with the 7135.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

I've used the app "Silence" for years, which works great. But it seems like the developer no longer has it available. A similar app seems to have just appeared, called "Hush", here on palmgear: http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...0&prodID=45830

Hope that helps-

"Hush" sounds great!
    I wonder if for smartphones if it will work for our phone ringing too or just alarms like they mention?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Wish I had a way to find out!

Soon very soon.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Sort of a related question: On my current phone, a StarTac, I keep it on vibrate because I wear a belt holster, and I feel it's more polite. But when I plug it in, it's smart and knows that I'm no longer wearing it, and so it rings normally. I was wondering if the 7135 automatically (or with a little programming) could be made to do this? I find it really convenient.

Originally posted by turboCat
    Sort of a related question: On my current phone, a StarTac, I keep it on vibrate because I wear a belt holster, and I feel it's more polite. But when I plug it in, it's smart and knows that I'm no longer wearing it, and so it rings normally. I was wondering if the 7135 automatically (or with a little programming) could be made to do this? I find it really convenient.
    I have read here that this is the behavior the 7135 also exhibits. try a search for vibrate & cradle to see what you find.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

That's the way that the 6035 did it too, so I would think that the 7135 would too, but I guess the lucky owners will have to tell us.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator