+ Reply to Thread

Is it difficult using stylus on open hinge?

Hi All,

One thing I have been wondering about is how stylus use will feel with the screen being located on one side of the hinge while the user is holding the other "side" of the hinge. Usually you hold a PDA screen in your hand while using the stylus but with the 7135 this is not the case. The actual display will be at an angle and not have anything supporting it (other than the hinge) when using the stylus.

Can anyone who has used the phone comment on this? Does the screen move a lot when using the stylus? Thanks for any thoughts.

- Derek<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Derek:

No problems what so ever. Great support when using the Stylus with the open phone.
    Tony

This has been a great concern of mine as well. I'm planning on purchasing the 7135, but it's primary function for me will be the PDA. Does anyone else have comments regarding the placement of the screen and usability? I probably use my current PDA 30 times daily. Is the 7135 PDA usability any different from the typical handheld version?

Thank you,
    Aaron

I have used a palm device for years, and this phone is as comfortable to use as any of them were. In fact, the screen's mobility allows you to angle it as you prefer and it still feels very solid.

- Hec

I agree with the comments above; the 7135 is comfortable to use and VERY solid. I am still noticing that I have to reach around to the left to get the stylus, but my husband is a lefty, and I figure this is just what he lives with every day!

Originally posted by TechDreams
    I am still noticing that I have to reach around to the left to get the stylus
    I had not thought about that. Was the 6035 on the left as well? I've never used a pda with the stylus on the "wrong" side. Is there a reason they had to do this, or is Kyocera's R&D department run by southpaws?
    :blue :blue :blue

Originally posted by Steve B.
    I had not thought about that. Was the 6035 on the left as well? I've never used a pda with the stylus on the "wrong" side. Is there a reason they had to do this, or is Kyocera's R&D department run by southpaws?
    :blue :blue :blue
    The stylus in the 6035 is on the left as well. I think this was done to make sure the antenna is not banging into the user's head when the phone is being used. Something like that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally posted by davemayo
    The stylus in the 6035 is on the left as well. I think this was done to make sure the antenna is not banging into the user's head when the phone is being used. Something like that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    SteveB might be on the right track.

It could be that the Kyo people have their Right Mind in Control.
    Remember, When the long night comes return to the end of the beginning.

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

pda screen

After using my phone for 3 weeks now, i have no complaints regarding the screen placement, it seems to fit my hand well and the stylus and screen work perfect.
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com