+ Reply to Thread

Using 7135 as ebook & holding it like a book too!

Found a lil app that may (i dont have 7135 yet) allow you to hold the 7135 on its side and read/open it like its a book. (or upside down!)

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...10&prodID=5755

Just a cool factor thing since the screen is square in dimensions.

Uses I see for it?

Hold it book stil for e-books.

Let it "Stand" on its side & turn on photosuite & its like one of those expensive digital Picture frames!

If it works it might be nice to be able to hold it in different positions just to have options!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Steve, it's a great idea, but the bad news is that it never worked on the 6035, so I'm worried that it will not work on the 7135. Probably a smartphone design issue.

Here is what I posted way back in May of 2001 about FlipHack and my 6035...

Originally posted by Markito
    Also, a wonderful app called "FlipHack" which can rotate the image on the screen by 90%, 180%, etc. does not work on the 6035.

The message I get when I try to configure it says, "PalmOS's graphics data has moved around in this version of the OS and I just can't find it. Sorry."

Which is a HUGE shame because if this worked, you could play games, etc. easier because the keypad flap would not be in way after rotating the screen 180%.

Any ideas?
    But who knows. So if one of you 7135 owners could test it?

Again, a good idea Steve. I especially love the folded book feel.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Ohhhhhh!!!! I just remembered...

I think PalmReader (for ebooks) has a feature that did allow me to rotate it while ereading!

I no longer have it, but you should check!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

And I just now checked my personal favorite (free) ebook reader, "cSpotRun" and it allowed me to rotate 90, 180, 270 & 360 degrees. So that app should allow it on the 7135!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Thanks Markito! At least something will rotate. I think there are other hacks available too, seems like I've heard a lot of people rotate the Clie's due to the taller dimensions.
    iPhone therefore iAm.