+ Reply to Thread

Finding 7135 ESN???

Well, my 7135 arrived this afternoon... It's been on the charger for 3 hours, and should be ready for action very soon...

I've searched the forums for 2 hours for how to locate the ESN on my 7135... where is it? Perhaps this would be a good item for the FAQ? <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

http://mikewren.com

on the box

On the top flap of the box is a sticker with a bunch of bar codes. The top left one is labeled ESN HEX: follwed by your ESN.

Or, under the battery is a label with two bar codes. Under the second bar code, is the text H: follwed by your ESN.

Alan

Thanks a ton! Calling vzw now.... fingers crossed....

Called vwz on landline... gave my Alltel 7135 ESN to the rep, they had me do the *228, option 1 to program the phone... then #832 to test to make sure it worked... it was as easy as that!

Thanks to the forum community for the great info! I'll have pics of the phone and toys hopefully online tonight!

Starting to get too easy to change to verizon here, loyalty to Sprint, wavering.

My 7135 is waiting in my shopping cart at get connected. I am just waiting and hoping for Verizon to release and save me some $$$ (Contract pricing, New every two + no sales tax for a short drive to New Hampshire).

If it is not out two weeks from today I will pull the trigger!!!!
    Mark
    ==========================
    Palm Personal > Palm V > Palm Vx > Clie 760 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > (Maybe i730??)

Administrator
    probably wont be out in 2 weeks...

It's mum's the word on the big campus these days. Even the big wigs I talk to don't have any words or clues, but then again pre-launch info on this has become a hot topic. We were told to shut up about our direct connect launch also.

Originally posted by Jim S.
    Starting to get too easy to change to verizon here, loyalty to Sprint, wavering.
    I'm already on Verizon, fortitude to wait until Verizon releases is waning....

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

esn

Another way to get your ESN incase u get it used, or no box etc. is to do the 111111 options menu and choose version and then you can scroll down through all kinds of phone info.
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

Re: esn

Originally posted by GREGHARKINS
    Another way to get your ESN incase u get it used, or no box etc. is to do the 111111 options menu and choose version and then you can scroll down through all kinds of phone info.
    I thought I remembered a software-way to list the ESN number, from when I was using a used 6035 six months ago. Thanks for the reminder.

Re: esn

Originally posted by GREGHARKINS

People are already getting used 7135's!! Sheesh I think I have been waiting for verizon way too long!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Yes, Steve. Even "scardy cat" did it. It activates very easily and with the WAP adjustments provided here, it was a no brainer.

I did have to call Kyocera to get the internet access. We have Network setting defined here (needs to be in a FAQ) but there was nothing on the "connection" settings. I had to define a "Wireless Modem" connection because it was not already on my phone.

The thing is just so new, even the Kyocera expert didn't know where you turn off the prompt before you get into the WAP browser. I found it and told him!

Isn't bleeding edge fun?

Its tempting to make the plunge via altel.

I am with VZ and my NE2 plan is ready and waiting for me to save $100 dollars. If VZ offers me the phone at 499 with a 2-year contract, I could take my NE2 rebate and get it for $399. Then if I'm greedy I could go for the $100 expressnetwork rebate and bring this puppy down to $299. thats less than half the price through Altell. I've been waiting this long I figure I can wait a little longer.

Besides, somebody here has to wait for a VZ phone so we can compare it's bugs to the Altell bugs! lol
    iPhone therefore iAm.