+ Reply to Thread

Headset (hardware) problem/ Kyocera Service

I think this is interesting information regarding hardware problems for us early adapters. I had ordered various accessories, including the stereo headphones. They didn't work well- one bud had no sound, the other a loose connection. Ordered a replacement pair (which they sent out immediately, and as long as I returned the "defective" ones within 30 days, no charge)-- got them today-- amazingly, same problem. So now I'm thinking I have a hardware problem with the headset jack. Spoke with Tier 3 support at Kyocera, who asked me to do a hard reset to confirm software wasn't interfering. I thought this was a reasonable request (although a pain to restore)-- same problem after hard reset.

They were very nice. He started to send me back to talk with getconnected. I asked if there was any way they could just send me another phone, even if it meant charging my credit card and then crediting it back when the defective phone was returned. It took a few minutes, but I was transferred to warranty service, who arranged for a new replacement phone to be sent out immediately. They put a "hold" on my credit card for $700, and as long as the defective phone is returned within 8 business days, it's a "clean swap" as they put it- no charge. I think this bodes well for Kyocera standing behind their phones.....<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

For the stereo earbuds, when only one worked, are you talking about using it during a call or while listening to Mp3s?

Because during calls, only one is legally allowed to work.

I'm curious.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Nope- it was during MP3 play- one bud didn't work at all, the other in and out.

pdadoc, do you have any other type of head phones that you can test the phone with, it may be the phone itself has a loose connection on the plug. This is very interesting, I work in the technology industry and know how quality can sometimes suffer to make deadlines.

cheers,

--terry
    --------------------------------------
    Enjoy the journey, it should be just as much fun as the destination.

geez! sorry I didn't read the rest of you post....

--terry
    --------------------------------------
    Enjoy the journey, it should be just as much fun as the destination.