+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Too converged to post much priapism's Avatar

Spare batteries?

Has anyone found spare batteries from anyone except Kyocera? I have trouble spending 60 bucks on a battery from them when I'll probably be able to get an aftermarket one for 20 bucks at some point...

Priapism<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Not sure about the batteries but that *is* a funny name!

Priapism!!!

priapism, you seem so rigid

Administrator
    3rd party batteries will not yield good results over the course of their short life span...

I think any battery would be "up" to the task...
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

I only use official Kyocera accessories. I really don't want to risk any problems.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

When you guys swap batteries do you loose all data and have to do a resynch? I know with the 6035, if it was froze up hard, I could just pull the battery, but it was like a Hard Reset and would have to resynch.

Originally posted by gdanu
    When you guys swap batteries do you loose all data and have to do a resynch? I know with the 6035, if it was froze up hard, I could just pull the battery, but it was like a Hard Reset and would have to resynch.
    No ... you have a 45 minute window between the time you take the old battery out and insert the new one.

Markito:

Originally posted by Markito
    I only use official Kyocera accessories. I really don't want to risk any problems.
    With a post like that ... I think Kyo needs to send you a free 7135 in exchange for using your words in a commercial!

Heck ... you use "only 'official' Kyocera accessories" BEFORE you've even bought the main component!

the only time mine ever froze up hard was when i had the AOL IM prc on there. perhaps priapism has had this trouble also?

and aftermarket batteries truly are horrible. mine lasted not even 2 days with minimal use, compared to 5 days with the Kyo battery. u may be saving cash in the short term, but shell out the extra 30 bucks and save some hassle. the 7135 drains the battery enough, according to most folks on here..... i can't imagine an aftermarket battery being half as good.

According to FedEx tracking, my phone should be here any hour......i can't wait

(wishing i sent my battery to a friend to have them charge in a cradle, so i could play immediately.........)

Originally posted by Otter
    Markito:

With a post like that ... I think Kyo needs to send you a free 7135 in exchange for using your words in a commercial!

Heck ... you use "only 'official' Kyocera accessories" BEFORE you've even bought the main component!

Too bad Kyo doesn't make SD cards, or Markito would be the Kyo poster child.

Originally posted by Otter
    Markito:

Sad but true. Good observation.
    It is true that I have bought just about every accessory they sell for this thing that I do not yet have.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by sh9854
    (wishing i sent my battery to a friend to have them charge in a cradle, so i could play immediately.........)

Glad you're getting yours today sh9854. Enjoy!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by davemayo
    Too bad Kyo doesn't make SD cards, or Markito would be the Kyo poster child.
    I'm well prepared... or quite the sucker. It depends on how you look at it.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Markito I am just wondering why are you and others holding out. I am not one to wait or to be told I cant have somthing. I am curious why get connected wasn't your first order of buisness?.
    Thomas

6035 Kyocera Smartphone

7135 Kyocera Smartphone

HITOWER,
    I am VERY much that way as well.
    I held out because I really wanted to get the official Verizon final firmware version and because I wanted to see how many bugs or problems people were having with the GetConnected units.

But since Verizon now seems to be waiting until March(!), the GC units have had minimal problems and some Verizon employees here said that they think that Verizon will be able to Flash/upgrade the GetConnected's firmware, I finally took the plunge last Friday night. Too bad I was later told that I probably won't have it until Thursday because they can't ship it out until Tuesday due to the MLK, Jr. holiday today.
    I paid for 2-day and it will end up taking 6 days to get to me AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

But yes, I finally got onboard and it feels good to be an early adoptor again.
    Thanks,
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Good for you. I have not had any problems with my 7135 (knock wood) . Battery,reception,caller id,signal and averything else work as advertised. I believe you will be happy with the gc phones. oh and who does verizon think they are our mothers? I said you cant have the phone yet What ever you say MOM... :rofl
    Thomas

6035 Kyocera Smartphone

7135 Kyocera Smartphone

Originally posted by Markito
    Too bad I was later told that I probably won't have it until Thursday because they can't ship it out until Tuesday due to the MLK, Jr. holiday today.
    I paid for 2-day and it will end up taking 6 days to get to me AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Thanks,
    I ordered yesterday and called cs today. They told me it will ship out today. I'll probably call again later just to be sure.

I think I will call them and double check too. Thanks for the heads up!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

So you paid $700 Markito? Ouch!
    :cashwalle